"Another RARE occurrence" haha Twins vs Rays blackout

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Sorry for the confusion. I was referring to the games that are NOT being carried by FOX (anywhere), and are blacked out of the MLB-EI package. For example, let's say that SF is playing Colorado, but the game is not on FOX (anywhere) -- the game is also not on MLB-EI because it is in the FOX blackout window. Is there anywhere where the game WOULD be on? I thought the FOX blackout window applied to *every* outlet, and not just DirecTV. Thus, a local broadcast of the game would not be possible either.

I guess what I'm getting at is, it would appear that these games are not just blacked-out, but not even produced.

games that are on during the "blackout" period are still available to the local market depending on which station is carrying it. Just because Fox isnt carrying it that doesnt mean someone else is. I know a few weeks ago when Cleveland & Cincy decided to have their game at the same time as the Fox window (that was when Fox had the 7-10 blackout window) neither team broadcast the game on local TV so nobody got to see the game on TV.

good example is tonight's Rangers/ChiSox game. Its at 7:00 due to the heat in Texas. The ESPN game is Angels/Royals. So the only way to see the Rangers game is via FSN SW & CSN Chicago in the local markets only. It wont be on EI

Interesting. This must vary by area. I know on the occasions where the Giants have been playing during the blackout window, there was no option for seeing the game here. It was radio or nothing.

I sure would like to know why today's Braves/Marlins game is blacked out on FSS and FSF when I live in Pennsylvania. It's not a national broadcast.....not on Fox (I'm not getting any game on Fox today), not on TBS, not on MLBN. So why the blackout?

games that are on during the "blackout" period are still available to the local market depending on which station is carrying it. Just because Fox isnt carrying it that doesnt mean someone else is. I know a few weeks ago when Cleveland & Cincy decided to have their game at the same time as the Fox window (that was when Fox had the 7-10 blackout window) neither team broadcast the game on local TV so nobody got to see the game on TV.

good example is tonight's Rangers/ChiSox game. Its at 7:00 due to the heat in Texas. The ESPN game is Angels/Royals. So the only way to see the Rangers game is via FSN SW & CSN Chicago in the local markets only. It wont be on EI

Ice,

I do think there is a difference in the FOX contract & the ESPN one. During the FOX window, FOX has exclusivity and no other broadcasts can be shown. That why the Cle/Cin game was on the air anywhere. But ESPN has allowed Texas gamews shown at the same time to be aired in the 2 teams markets only.

I sure would like to know why today's Braves/Marlins game is blacked out on FSS and FSF when I live in Pennsylvania. It's not a national broadcast.....not on Fox (I'm not getting any game on Fox today), not on TBS, not on MLBN. So why the blackout?

Because FSS & FSF are not your RSN's. (FOX only shows Saturday games.) Unless you have MLBEI, you can only get your local games.

Because FSS & FSF are not your RSN's. (FOX only shows Saturday games.) Unless you have MLBEI, you can only get your local games.
I do sub to MLBEI....I'm not dumb enough to think that I can get any game without being subbed to Extra Innings.

I looked at the MLBEI schedule on DirecTV and it doesn't list the game even though it shows up in the guide on both of the RSNs. Guess they're just not carrying it for some reason. Don't think it's the first time a game has shown in the guide but wasn't carried.

Probably because the game started late enough to get it into the ESPN exclusive window for tonight. Not too many Sunday 5 PM EST starting games. It was on FSS here, but I'm in the Braves home area.

Probably because the game started late enough to get it into the ESPN exclusive window for tonight. Not too many Sunday 5 PM EST starting games. It was on FSS here, but I'm in the Braves home area.
Ok...that makes more sense. Well, it doesn't actually make sense that ESPN can black out every other game going on, but at least I understand it why it happened. Thanks.

Found this:

Television Blackout Rules
The FOX Network entered into an agreement with Major League Baseball that will force blackouts of all games each Saturday between 1:10 p.m. EST and 7:05 p.m. EST. Likewise, ESPN will exclusively broadcast all Sunday night games after 5 p.m. EST.

Read more: Baseball Blackout Rules | eHow.com Baseball Blackout Rules | eHow.com

Found this:

Television Blackout Rules
The FOX Network entered into an agreement with Major League Baseball that will force blackouts of all games each Saturday between 1:10 p.m. EST and 7:05 p.m. EST. Likewise, ESPN will exclusively broadcast all Sunday night games after 5 p.m. EST.

Read more: Baseball Blackout Rules | eHow.com Baseball Blackout Rules | eHow.com

This is so stupid. ESPN should not get a window 3 hours before the start of their game. If a game starts at 6 PM ET, OK but 3 hours? Not many games start at that hour but hopefully that is changed like the Saturday 1 PM ET games are now available on EI.

Hoss the ESPN rule may still be the same that any game starting after 5:00 cant be shown but the Fox one is way off. Fox blackout window is only during the time they have the game so games that they start at 3 CDT (which is most of the games) EI can still show the noon games and the games that start at 6:00

The Fox blackout fluctuates with what their game time is (3:00, 2:00 or 6:00)

here si the fox updated info for this year

1) On a Saturday when the first MLB game to be telecast by Fox starts at 4:10pm ET games that start at 1:10pm ET or earlier and 7:05pm ET or later will be included in the package. No games that begin between 1:10pm ET and 7:05pm ET will be included. This will be the case on 21 Saturdays this season.
the other 2 times (3:10 eastern and 7:10 eastern are done for the year.....the above is for the rest of the season

Do we have to go over this every weekend? They never said MLBEI gets you all of the games; it gets you MOST of them.

I understand not getting White Sox at Rangers starting at the same time as the ESPN Sunday Night game but EI customers should get a game 3 hours before the 8 PM ET window.

I understand not getting White Sox at Rangers starting at the same time as the ESPN Sunday Night game but EI customers should get a game 3 hours before the 8 PM ET window.

very rarely does a ballgame start at 5:00 eastern (2 pacific) on Sunday....4 eastern yes and those are in the EI package so its usually moot.

Teams that schedule night games on Sunday due to the heat usually are at 7:00 or 8:00 Eastern (Florida & Texas respectively)

Hoss the ESPN rule may still be the same that any game starting after 5:00 cant be shown but the Fox one is way off. Fox blackout window is only during the time they have the game so games that they start at 3 CDT (which is most of the games) EI can still show the noon games and the games that start at 6:00

The Fox blackout fluctuates with what their game time is (3:00, 2:00 or 6:00)

Iceberg, maybe we should have a MLB Blackout 'sticky'.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)