Genie in another Room ?

sportman13

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 29, 2006
I am a disabled person Here is my question I will have in one room Gemini and the HR44 set up in my house some one in my house uses Verizon package want to switch to Directv in another room can I do
DIRECTV Wireless Video Bridge for C41W C61W Genie Mini Recievers (Require HR34, HR44 or HR54)
and
C61W Genie Mini Recievers wil iit work dose it need to be hardwired between two rooms ?

why not add a client and split the bill. a second set up requires another acct!!! plus the installer will more than likely want to install a second dish!!!

i don't know if it will work we have 4K and were hard wired. i heard issues with the wireless setup's id rather have a wired config.
why not call dtv and tell them you want to add a room and see what they advise???

John2021

I will have in one room Gemini and the HR44 set up in my house some one in my house uses Verizon package want to switch to Directv in another room can I do
DIRECTV Wireless Video Bridge for C41W C61W Genie Mini Recievers (Require HR34, HR44 or HR54)
and
C61W Genie Mini Recievers wil iit work dose it need to be hardwired between two rooms or should everything be wireless ?

John2021

I will have in one room Gemini and the HR44 set up in my house some one in my house uses Verizon package want to switch to Directv in another room can I do
and
C61W Genie Mini Recievers wil iit work dose it need to be hardwired between two rooms or should everything be wireless ?
If you put a wireless client in another room for someone else in your house, then you are basically sharing the Genie. You both will see the same list of recordings. They will see what you have recorded and vice versa.

Assuming that is not a deal breaker, and if both rooms can be wired, why not put the Genie in the other room and the Gemini in your room? The HR44 will count when calculating how many TV locations you are charged for.

Reactions: John2021

David Ortiz I am a disabled person not tech savvy I do not want to sharing the Genie. and see the same list of recordings. or watch the same programs at the same time Here is my set up would want to be​

Genie HR44 and Gemini in one room and in the other room another recevier wireless do not run wire from room to room the best set up is you think would be ?

David Ortiz I am a disabled person not tech savvy I do not want to sharing the Genie. and see the same list of recordings. or watch the same programs at the same time Here is my set up would want to be​

Genie HR44 and Gemini in one room and in the other room another recevier wireless do not run wire from room to room the best set up is you think would be ?
If you don't want to share the Genie, then you don't want a second client. The clients don't have to watch the same programs at the same time, but they will all see the same list of recordings.

The only way to have separate lists of recordings for you and the other person in your house is for you to get a DVR for them, like an HR24, not a wireless client. The DVR needs to be wired, and can only record 2 things at a time, not 5 like the HR44. Both the Genie and the DVR need to be set to not share their playlist.

Reactions: John2021

David Ortiz If I have in room A Gemini and the HR44 set up in room B can you have a client don't have to watch the same programs at the same time, but they will all see the same list of recordings.?​

David Ortiz If I have in room A Gemini and the HR44 set up in room B can you have a client don't have to watch the same programs at the same time, but they will all see the same list of recordings.?​

Correct. In that setup, the Gemini client can watch something different than the HR44. They both will see the same list of recordings.

David Ortiz

If I have in room A Gemini and the HR44 set up in room B can you have in another HR44 separate from room A How much would it cost ?​

David Ortiz a DVR (HR24 is same as DIRECTV Wireless Video Bridge for C41W C61W Genie Mini Recievers (Require HR34, HR44 or HR54) ?​

David Ortiz a DVR (HR24 is same as DIRECTV Wireless Video Bridge for C41W C61W Genie Mini Recievers (Require HR34, HR44 or HR54) ?​

I don't understand exactly what you're asking. An HR24 is a DVR that can record 2 programs at once and has its own playlist. It is more of a self contained box and you can't add a client to it.

David Ortiz my fault I am a disabled person not tech savvy trying to figure out which to get client is best ? sharing the same list of recordings. is good you do not have to watch same programs at the same time or be on the same channel ?​