Sports Pack and MLB Extra Innings added no cost - but now you don't get them

Ddevil

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 24, 2005
Phoenix
So I just spent the past hour on chat (multiple departments) who then told me to call in because they couldn't help. I called in and they also said they couldn't help.

The issue is in my Account Overview page, I had the message: DIRECTV Sports Pack for 12 months and 2023 MLB EXTRA INNINGS has been added to your account at no cost to you! This is our way of saying thanks!

Today, none of those channels were appearing (they all had been working up until today) and instead had the screen show up that tells me how to subscribe.

Both chat and call in produced basically the same response of "I don't see that offer on your account." I even sent a screen shot of the message during my chat, but that didn't matter. I realize it's not as if I'm not getting something I've paid for, but the contradicting messages are a little annoying.

Anyone else have this happen?

Today was the first day the free preview of MLB was over. That was probably never added even though they told you it was.
I don't know why the Sports pack disappeared if it was working before.
My suggestion is to wait until Monday during regular daytime hours if possible. Tell the automated system you want to cancel your account. This is your best chance of getting someone who knows what they are doing.
I wouldn't count on that if nobody could see the offer on your account. The best you could hope for is maybe getting 20 or 25 a month credits for 12 months.

The same thing happens to me every time a new sports season begins such as MLB Baseball, Sunday Ticket Football, Hockey, etc. DirecTV usually has a free preview for a few days to encourage subscriptions and during that free preview, I receive a message on a channel saying "You are all set to enjoy - Thank you for subscribing." However, as soon as the free preview expires, the message goes away and you no longer have the programming unless you do subscribe. It appears that DirecTV needs to show the authorization screen in order to turn on the free preview.

Very confusing since you naturally would assume that you were granted a free subscription to whatever sports programming was being offered.

I'm curious, as this D* Sat or D* stream ?

IF its D* Sat, go to channel 719.1 and see what it says.

Thats the current authorization channel for MLB.

What we are saying is that 719.1 (D*Sat) shows the "You are authorized - enjoy the season" mesage during the free preview, but then reverts to you not being authorized after the free preview. A viewer might assume that they were getting the programming for free based on the original message.

What we are saying is that 719.1 (D*Sat) shows the "You are authorized - enjoy the season" mesage during the free preview, but then reverts to you not being authorized after the free preview. A viewer might assume that they were getting the programming for free based on the original message.
True ...
Now if DDevil goes to that channel, he will know if hes authorized officially or not.

Also, is it showing up on his bill ... It should show up as MLB Promo or with a 0.00 next to it IF he's actually scheduled to be getting it.

Didn't mean to abandon my post - had a family situation taking over my spare time, but all is well now.

I do not show any authorization on 719.1, but I still have the messages on my account home screen that I should be getting it for free. I've attached the screen I get when clicking through the link on my account home screen. Every time I speak to someone, they see nothing in my account that indicates I should receive what my online account says I should be receiving. Very strange.

I've considered just adding these subs and see if a credit gets generated, but don't want to end up paying if I don't need to.

Attachments

• SportsPack_MLB.jpeg
    SportsPack_MLB.jpeg
    200.6 KB · Views: 97
No matter what that screen says if the CSR can't find it on your account, I think there is a 99.9% chance you will be billed without a credit being generated.

To wrap this up, spoke to them again today and once again had no luck in getting the sports pack and MLBEI added for no charge, despite what it says on my Overview page in my online account.

As Darrell S pointed out, the CSR was not able to see anything on my account so there was nothing they could, or would, do.

Darrell, completely off topic, but how'd you like our former QB? Fun kid to watch play and was glad to see him actually get some coaching (unlike our previous coaching staff here) and improve his play.

To wrap this up, spoke to them again today and once again had no luck in getting the sports pack and MLBEI added for no charge, despite what it says on my Overview page in my online account.

As Darrell S pointed out, the CSR was not able to see anything on my account so there was nothing they could, or would, do.

Darrell, completely off topic, but how'd you like our former QB? Fun kid to watch play and was glad to see him actually get some coaching (unlike our previous coaching staff here) and improve his play.
Did you get an email for free MLBEI? If you did, reference that email when you call back.

Did you get an email for free MLBEI? If you did, reference that email when you call back.
Never got it. I called and chatted (during which I sent screen shots of the messages I received on my Account Overview homepage). The answer was always the same "I don't see it on your account so there is nothing I can do."

To clarify, it was not an email, it was a message on my Account Overview Page.

A little frustrating the disconnect between my online account messages and what is actually in my account. Why have this banner saying I'm getting things for free, but then there is no record of it anywhere except for the page I see when I log into my account?

Oh well, not going to lose any sleep over this.

Never got it. I called and chatted (during which I sent screen shots of the messages I received on my Account Overview homepage). The answer was always the same "I don't see it on your account so there is nothing I can do."

To clarify, it was not an email, it was a message on my Account Overview Page.

A little frustrating the disconnect between my online account messages and what is actually in my account. Why have this banner saying I'm getting things for free, but then there is no record of it anywhere except for the page I see when I log into my account?

Oh well, not going to lose any sleep over this.
Just curious, have you ever had an account with them with a different email or password ?

Wanted to wrap this up as I finally got this resolved - succesfully!

The quick story is that I am on auto-pay and generally do not look at the itemized breakdown if the amount due/paid is the same as the previous month. Well, I decided to look back at my March statement since the message on my Account Overview page said that Sports Pack and MLB EI had been added at no cost. Sure enough, they were on my statement with the charge being $0.00.

I took a screen shot and sent it to the CSR via a chat. She looked into it and said yes, you should be receiving these packages. Said because she was billing, all she could do was make notes and that I would need to call in for loyalty/retention and get them to actually add and activate them.

I called in and the CSR said "I see this on your account, let's get them activated." Had to have another rep do it, but once done, the MLB came on instantly. They said the Sports Pack could take up to 2 billing cycles.

Crazy that it took this much effort.

Wanted to wrap this up as I finally got this resolved - succesfully!

The quick story is that I am on auto-pay and generally do not look at the itemized breakdown if the amount due/paid is the same as the previous month. Well, I decided to look back at my March statement since the message on my Account Overview page said that Sports Pack and MLB EI had been added at no cost. Sure enough, they were on my statement with the charge being $0.00.

I took a screen shot and sent it to the CSR via a chat. She looked into it and said yes, you should be receiving these packages. Said because she was billing, all she could do was make notes and that I would need to call in for loyalty/retention and get them to actually add and activate them.

I called in and the CSR said "I see this on your account, let's get them activated." Had to have another rep do it, but once done, the MLB came on instantly. They said the Sports Pack could take up to 2 billing cycles.

Crazy that it took this much effort.
The Sports Pack will take 2 billing cycles to activate ???????
Thats another 60 days ...

IF the Sports Pack is of Value to you ... I'd call them again.

Glad to see you got the MLB EI finally ... was it actually Free for you then ?

The Sports Pack will take 2 billing cycles to activate ??????? nonsense when we upgraded the channels came right on!!! you must have had a rep that was clueless

The Sports Pack will take 2 billing cycles to activate ???????
Thats another 60 days ...

IF the Sports Pack is of Value to you ... I'd call them again.

Glad to see you got the MLB EI finally ... was it actually Free for you then ?
Yes, MLB EI was actually free. I agree, the 2 billing cycle thing for the sports pack to take effect makes no sense, but I never really watch those channels unless it's football season so I don't care about the delay.