Another RV Dish Choice

I've seen it mentioned in one or two RV forums, but no one seems to have any actual experience with it. Every time I've checked their site, the Dish version has been sown as "out of stock", and the only manual available in the support section is the DTV version.The price is about a third less than the Winegard Trav'ler series auto aiming dishes, but that doesn't mean much if it's not available.

Reactions: Tvland1
I've seen it mentioned in one or two RV forums, but no one seems to have any actual experience with it. Every time I've checked their site, the Dish version has been sown as "out of stock", and the only manual available in the support section is the DTV version.The price is about a third less than the Winegard Trav'ler series auto aiming dishes, but that doesn't mean much if it's not available.
I noticed the manual was only the DTV model.. I'm not real impressed with the tripod that he mentioned in the video about using tent stakes in the ground..We know how well that's going to hold up with a little wind.. I'll try giving them a call this week and see if I can find out some info about dish availability

Reactions: NYDutch
Interesting. For our ground tripod, we used a TV4RV.com modified surveyors tripod and we use two 5 gallon water buckets about half full to hold the tripod down. Never had a tipover. Looks like the automated head could be placed on any tripod. But with the auto-adjust for Axzmunth, Elevation and Skew, the adjustable leg tripod of the TV4RV.com tripod is not as necessary. Just away to use balast ibstead of pegs for stability.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Our modified roof mount tripod has held our 1000.4 dish steady in up to 60 MPH wind gusts with just one 1/2-3/4 filled 5-gallon bucket for ballast. It rarely takes me more than 10 minutes to dial in the dish on either arc, so I don't think I'd be in any hurry to drop $1100+ on their automated version.

No indication of the LNBF head of the Dish model can be changed and the EA used. With a Super Buddy meter, setup is minutes. We often used the ground tripod for the EA than for trees when the Winegard Trav'ler didn't work. If I was purchasing a new RV and if the LNBF is changeable, I would consider this tripod mounted automatic dish.

Reactions: charlesrshell
No indication of the LNBF head of the Dish model can be changed and the EA used. With a Super Buddy meter, setup is minutes. We often used the ground tripod for the EA than for trees when the Winegard Trav'ler didn't work. If I was purchasing a new RV and if the LNBF is changeable, I would consider this tripod mounted automatic dish.
Yeah, I didn't see any indication that it would work with the Dish EA either. As you suggested, if I was starting from scratch I would consider the automated dish, but in hindsight, now knowing how easy my manual setup is, I have better uses for the money. The number of sites we've been on where the EA was the only available LOS would make me shy away from any dish that can't use it.

Well I called and left a message and emailed but haven't heard anything back yet.They have a new Facebook page also that only mentioned DTV.. Inquired about ability timeframe for Dish and eastern arc.. Guess I'll see if they get back..

Reactions: NYDutch
Okay so here's a response to my email..
Sounds like only DTV now.. Already too many alternative's for Dish I guess

Hello Gene,
Thank you for your interest in our products!
Indeed we came up with the prototypes of antenna for both DirecTV and Dish Network. However, we have decided to concentrate on DirecTV product for now; Dish Network dish arm is very weak and difficult to modify for our purpose and the subscribers have inexpensive alternatives.
Thanks you for your invitation to the forum. We hope to communicate with those who can benefit from out antenna.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me for any question.
Have a gods night!

Chris

say, sorry to ask a basic question, but is there a recommendation, or a place to get more information on a rv setup ?? thinking 5th wheel , 40ft + with 3 or so tvs
i have a hopper 3 at the house, with 3 joey, and have used dish anywhere traveling and in the garage.
thanks so very much for your time.

In our 40' Travel Supreme 5th-wheel we had 2 TVs and our motorhome had 3 TVs. We were full-time and move the Hopper 3 and the Joey's between the two rigs. Both RVs had Windgard Trav'ler roof dishes and we carried a ground tripod with EA and WA heads. We used the existing coax for the Joeys. We did invest in a used Super Buxdy 29 meter for setup. Wished we had done that at the begining before we had the automatic roof dished. Well worth the investment.