Antenna bad again on my new Corolla

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

atvman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 12, 2004
This is the second time my XM antenna has gone bad on my 2010 Toyota Corolla. It took me 4 months to get the dealer to repair it last time because they were not sure what the problem was. I went to the dealer yesterday and the head service writer said I am not the ony one having problems. He was going to check if there is an updated antenna. The shop in the same town that does aftermarket radios also told him that he has been replacing XM antennas under warranty. My friend bought a new GMC truck and his reception was terrible so he cancelled after free period.

I tried to connect an after market antenna with no success and much money spent. Reception is better with a new Toyota antenna, but reception is not great here in Maine.

My wife and I bought a new Toyota RAV4 in May. During the trial period we observed extremely poor reception compared to the honda Accord we traded in. Dealer recommended aftermarket antenna. No specific antenna, said, "just google it." Said he had other customers with similar complaint. Bottom line no joy on an aftermarket antenna. We just decided not to renew when the trial period was up. Also decided to give up our other two subscriptions as the cost was not worth it. Now getting peppered with constant emails and mailings trying to get us back. No sale.

Go to another Toyota dealer, if possible. Your factory warranty is valid at any Toyota dealership nation wide. Have them check the wiring and connections for the antenna and Tuner. A wire might have a short or a bad, loose connection might be causing the antennas to fail.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts