Antenna connection for 722 DVR

lmitchel54

Original poster
Dec 17, 2008
I just had a 722 DVR installed, replacing a 522 DVR. Everything seems to work OK, but I look on my work order and note the notation "no ground survey and didn't install dual to replace (casa? can't make out the word) at customer request". I did NOT make any such request. I note that although the Dish (Dish 1000) antenna has 3 LNB's and I have 3 cables from the antenna to the house, only one of them is connected to the receiver. The one line from the antenna is run thru a splitter which then runs to both receiver inputs.

I didn't notice any of this until after the installer left, but now wonder if I am getting all the flexibility I should have with it wired this way. I called Dish tech support and they assured me that the one cable thru splitter is now how they install them all, but I don't understand the comment on my work order and want to be sure I'm getting all my system can provide.

Thanks for any explanation.

just had 2 X 722's installed. had dual cable runs from my old directv setup which they used. they only used one of the cables and they biplexed (biplexer=splitter) the heck out of each one, running the dual tuners plus the tv2 out on the same cable. this is three logical connections using one physical line. i know you can even add yet another connection if you need to extend out your antenna for TV2 remote so the technology seems sound. i used my old 2nd cables to run in an antenna from the attic, setup's great but had my first experience with rain fade...

the Dish (Dish 1000) antenna has 3 LNB's and I have 3 cables from the antenna to the house, only one of them is connected to the receiver. The one line from the antenna is run thru a splitter which then runs to both receiver inputs.
The two unused lines can be used for additional receivers, new dish LNBs have built in switches to feed three receivers. What you call a splitter is actually a separator designed just for the new LNB/switches and dual tuner receivers. The installer probably removed an outdated external switch. Your setup sounds correct and you will get all channels and features.

Thanks

Thanks to jsmythe & rglore. That answers my questions. Think I might use my extra cable to put small antenna for local HD on the satellite post.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)