Antenna Installed, Only getting 2 channels

Good that fixed the problem! You could try using a splitter to hook up the other TV, probably a different one other than the one you had in the setup to begin with as it seems that one isn't right, or no good. Is there a part # on that splitter? A splitter will cause a loss of 2 or 3db, too. I use a distribution amp, this one, it works good:

Amazon product ASIN B002M1EPL0
but for only two TVs that one might be overkill!

Actually, just looked and they have a two port and four port model.

Good that fixed the problem! You could try using a splitter to hook up the other TV, probably a different one other than the one you had in the setup to begin with as it seems that one isn't right, or no good. Is there a part # on that splitter? A splitter will cause a loss of 2 or 3db, too. I use a distribution amp, this one, it works good:

Amazon product ASIN B002M1EPL0
but for only two TVs that one might be overkill!

Actually, just looked and they have a two port and four port model.
USE only for two out puts THOSE LOSE TO MUCH THERE FOR A STRONG SIGNAL, WITH A STRONG AMP DRIVING IT and each one that is not used must have a 75 ohm load on it or you get issues standing waves kicking back NOT A GOOD signal then it looks like crap, I have all you want here for free, you pay shipping I have 50 pound box of different kinds here

must clean up hate shipping and dealing looking for one person to buy it all

USE only for two out puts THOSE LOSE TO MUCH THERE FOR A STRONG SIGNAL, WITH A STRONG AMP DRIVING IT and each one that is not used must have a 75 ohm load on it or you get issues standing waves kicking back NOT A GOOD signal then it looks like crap, I have all you want here for free, you pay shipping I have 50 pound box of different kinds here

must clean up hate shipping and dealing looking for one person to buy it all

Actually, I do use 75 ohm terminators on mine when I'm not using all of the outputs, but I don't really notice any difference with or without them, so I'm not really sure if they're needed or not, really. Picture is perfect for me either way with a HD8200U, 14dbi gain [so actually only 12 db gain or so] antenna and AP8275 pre-amp [29 db VHF, 28 db UHF], most channels at 90 to 100% Q and there's also a CP Plus 5425 modulating two satellite channels onto UHF channels into the whole mix too. Usually all eight outputs on mine are in use so the terminators aren't usually installed, though they're cheap enough on Amazon if he needed to buy some:

Amazon product ASIN B000AAN76Y

Actually, I do use 75 ohm terminators on mine when I'm not using all of the outputs, but I don't really notice any difference with or without them, so I'm not really sure if they're needed or not, really. Picture is perfect for me either way with a HD8200U, 14dbi gain [so actually only 12 db gain or so] antenna and AP8275 pre-amp [29 db VHF, 28 db UHF], most channels at 90 to 100% Q and there's also a CP Plus 5425 modulating two satellite channels onto UHF channels into the whole mix too. Usually all eight outputs on mine are in use so the terminators aren't usually installed, though they're cheap enough on Amazon if he needed to buy some:

Amazon product ASIN B000AAN76Y
I'm sure I got some around I'm done with satellite work, and ant work, burned out, if I do any it will be flat screen TV repair I was a bench tech went to school for it, worked in R&D until 1982 then got into satellite I repaired all my C band receivers, and then even did it for other dealers never stoped working or learning your brain dies, than your really a walker, and need a bullet in the head LOL

If you used cable instead of antenna, that was the cause of your issue. You can try putting your splitter back in and see what happens.

- Trip

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts