Antenna Installer Recommendations in Providence, RI?

angusdavis

Original poster
Aug 10, 2004
Hello,
I have a condo in Providence, RI on the top two floors of a 4-story building, and I want to install a rooftop-antenna for OTA HDTV reception. I already have DirecTV installed. I am looking for any recommendations on a professional in my area with experience installing antennas. I have already purchased a large multidirectional UHF antenna (DB8 from AntennasDirect.com) based on some online research. I also have a preamp from them. If the installer puts it up and feels a different antenna would work better, I can always return it. My main interest is avoiding spending time climbing around on my roof -- I am not afraid of heights, but still I see this as a job for a professional. I would appreciate any recommendations. Also, I hear DirecTV is moving to a new 5-LNB setup requiring a larger 36-or-so-inch dish with the new satellites for increased HDTV reception. If there is a way to kill two birds with one stone here by putting up the new DTV dish at the same time we install the UHF OTA antenna, all the better!
-angus

the only problem with that is the locals will only be available for some time in the top markets and then down to us peons. good luck as i am looking to use the smalller db-2 here from then also. :D :D :D

You are under 8 miles away from all of the RI stations and can probably get away with an indoor antenna. However, if you're trying to get the Boston stations, you may need to put up an outdoor antenna. Also note that there is one lone VHF HD station in Providence WPRI (CBS) on channel 13 (12-1 and 12-2)

tried the indoor antenna

i tried an indoor antenna, including some $150 HDTV job from terk that looks like a pizza box. no dice. so, i have bought this big external antenna in hopes of getting reception. yeah, aware of WPRI being on 13. antennasdirect said that their UHF could also receive high VHF like 13 -- we will see!

My question remains ... does anyone have a local antenna installer recommendation in the Providence, Rhode Island area?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)