Status
Please reply by conversation.

bratboy

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 24, 2005
Denver CO
Is there an easy way to check the signal strenth of an OTA antenna. I've tried setting tuner 1 to an OTA channel and then going into system test but wondering if thats the right way to access OTA signal meter or is there another way?

Is there an easy way to check the signal strenth of an OTA antenna. I've tried setting tuner 1 to an OTA channel and then going into system test but wondering if thats the right way to access OTA signal meter or is there another way?

Menu->Parental, Fav's & Setup->System Setup->Info & Test

Up arrow to the System Test tab and run the test.

Make sure that you are not recording anything because it will interupt it.

Also, before you run the test change the channel to an OTA and then to another.

Sometime it will report 0% if you haven't been to and OTA reciently.

Mike

Note: You can also get to the Info & Test screen by holding the info for 3 seconds, release and press again.

You can often buy an old analog FSM (field strength meter) on eBay for $10-30, and you can find digital readout signal meters that are calibrated for analog signals, but which work just fine for peaking an antenna, for under $200 each.

how to measure ota signal strength

Are these the ebay items, for about $30, that are described as SWR meters? I'm having truble gettig reliable over the air reception and thought I would start by testing the antenna signal strength.

george1957

Brat - hate to ask you a stupid question, but you DO have an AM21 attached to your HR22, right?

The way micro told you isn't going to tell you jack about your OTA antenna signals. :confused: :confused:
The way to check ALL your OTA signals is as follows:
Menu->Parental, Fav's & Setup->System Setup->Sat & Antenna->Antenna Setup->Edit Off-Air Channels->Signal Meter
You then simply step thru each OTA channel & you'll see the meter on BOTH tuners.

OP, if your using a newer TV you can also check using the TV's OTA tuner strength meter, if thats what your looking for specifically.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts