Antennas for DISH

Skipa

Original poster
Jun 1, 2009
Chicago area
I have two antennas that were given to me. They were both supposed to be for DISH, but one of them says Direct TV on it and the other one says Sony Model SAN 18D1. Both have LNBs but no info on them. Will either of these work on a DISH Receiver? Of do I need to know more about the LNBs?

I have two antennas that were given to me. They were both supposed to be for DISH, but one of them says Direct TV on it and the other one says Sony Model SAN 18D1. Both have LNBs but no info on them. Will either of these work on a DISH Receiver? Of do I need to know more about the LNBs?

If you subscribe for service, E* is going to provide and install all the equipment you'll need for free with a 2-year commitment or $99 without commitment. While some of this hand-me-down stuff might work to get a single sat location, you likely wouldn't be able to get a full complement of service.

They probably would. But, they just won't let you do it, since they need the advertising too.

The directv dish ought to work to pull in a single satellite such as 119. if i recall, the sony dish uses a stacked LNB output that might be different from a dishpro stacked signal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)