Antennas on the eBay with ridiculous reception claims... 5000 miles...WTF?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

edisonprime

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
Out of curiosity, I did a search on eBay with all these antenna sales with ridiculous range claims. They start with 100 mile claims for some of them, but I see the ads go all the way to 5000 miles and it happens to also be an indoor antenna! We all know it's impossible for any antenna to get past 100 miles (and even that is a stretch) especially with an indoor antenna (let alone with an outdoor antenna). I can't believe anybody would be that gullible for a claim of an indoor antenna to reach 5000 miles.

And your question is?

5,000 miles straight up. To LEO or MEO. Too bad no one is transmitting OTA signals that way, with a Gazillion watts.

But once they do, you’re set!

Every minute. And two...

These folks (buyers) will ARGUE with you it must be true!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: TheKrell
... I can't believe anybody would be that gullible for a claim of an indoor antenna to reach 5000 miles.
I can believe there are people who would fall for it. There are an abundance of scientifically (and otherwise) challenged people out there.

What's sad is that eBay and other sales platforms allow these bogus reception claims.

With the thousands of fake Amazon reviews and dozens of fake youtube "reviews" driving sales of Chinese slave made garbage, the communists are making billions off the gullible consumers who are penny wise and dollar stupid

Reactions: edisonprime
With the thousands of fake Amazon reviews and dozens of fake youtube "reviews" driving sales of Chinese slave made garbage, the communists are making billions off the gullible consumers who are penny wise and dollar stupid

Normally I am against regulation but in this case I think these businesses need better regulation so there are no phony reviews.

Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)