Any 921 ETA predictions?

wileadams

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Greenwood, Indiana
I was wondering if anybody has heard if the 921s are hitting dealer shelves, yet? I think I was reading someplace that they were, but I was in the middle of reading it and got called away for work and forget where I was reading it.

On a related note, my 811 was delivered and I can not wait to get home and play... I hope that it brings in two additional channels, which have have multipath interference from other channels.

Well, that is at least some good news. I thought that I had read that somebody had an install scheduled. So, if they are hitting the warehouses, it will probably be a week or two before they hit the shelves in some sort of limited quantities, based upon past rollouts.

December 15?

I just got an e-mail in response to my message to ceo@echostar.com.

"Thank you for your email. We have set the release date for the model 921 receiver at December 15, 2003. It should be available to the public shortly there after. "

I sent the e-mail with a number of other questions the day after the chat.

I even proposed paying now for a 921 and agreeing to accept a loaner 811 or 6000 until they are available. (Hoping for HiDef by Christmas).

For some reason they didn't respond do my suggestion. :rolleyes:

My guess: Distributors get them Monday 12/15. Dealers get them 4 days later. FedEx starts delivering first batch to customers on 12/22.

Ho Ho Ho for maybe 100 eager beavers.......

I'm still hoping to be one of them.

BobMurdoch said:
My guess: Distributors get them Monday 12/15. Dealers get them 4 days later. FedEx starts delivering first batch to customers on 12/22.

Ho Ho Ho for maybe 100 eager beavers.......

I'm still hoping to be one of them.

That looks like a pretty good time frame to me Bob, I'm getting excited to Boas well, would be nice to have one by Christmas. Hopefully Santa Claude can deliver. :D

Scott Greczkowski said:
No not hitting dealer shelves yet, however I understand they are being released to the warehouses from Packout.

Of course during install, it make take about 5 hours to download all the new software :D updates

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)