Any 921 timer problems with Detroit OTA's?

Stingray

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 28, 2003
Gentlemen - How well is your 921 handling the HD OTA signals from Detroit locals? Can you select programs from the guide to record as you would with a 501 or 721, or do you have to set up timers manually?
Do the DVR functions (pause, rew, fast fwd.) work on all the Detroit HD's?

Any other comments are welcome as I am soon to get a 921 and am hoping that these features work well in my area!

NBC (45), CBS (44), ABC (41), PBS (43), UPN (14) and WB (21) FOX (58)

Thanks, Stingray

I'm not from your area. I can capture all the local OTA SD/HD channel in my town except for the local ABC. It broadcasts the strongest signal and is the closest to me. When I try to save it with a 100 -110 signal, nothing! Now what is worst of all is that I can't modify a list in my guide to display any OTA's!!! The next worst thing is that I can't record any OTA. I just got my 921 yesterday, followed all the threads listed and still nothing. I even have L185 software. Keep us posted on how you get your stuff to work.

BUMP - anybody???

Stingray said:
Gentlemen - How well is your 921 handling the HD OTA signals from Detroit locals? Can you select programs from the guide to record as you would with a 501 or 721, or do you have to set up timers manually?

Any other comments are welcome as I am soon to get a 921 and am hoping that these features work well in my area!

Thanks, Stingray

I am in the Detroit area (Troy) and I get all the stations. I could not view FOX until software version 186 was downloaded, but now I can view all stations. You do have to manually set to record. I record Jay Leno in HD every night. I have had the occasional zero length recording. When every I have recorded OTA, all DVR functions seemed to work.

Stingray said:

Thanks, Stingray

nz87qm - I am in the Detroit area (Troy) and I get all the stations. I could not view FOX until software version 186 was downloaded, but now I can view all stations. You do have to manually set to record. I record Jay Leno in HD every night. I have had the occasional zero length recording. When every I have recorded OTA, all DVR functions seemed to work

I pick up my 921 on Friday..... guess what I'll be doing this weekend! Thanks for the reply! Stingray :D

Oh yeah I forgot, add the OTA channels manually, as the auto find does not seem to work with the 186 software version.

Stingray said:
nz87qm - I am in the Detroit area (Troy) and I get all the stations. I could not view FOX until software version 186 was downloaded, but now I can view all stations. You do have to manually set to record. I record Jay Leno in HD every night. I have had the occasional zero length recording. When every I have recorded OTA, all DVR functions seemed to work

I pick up my 921 on Friday..... guess what I'll be doing this weekend! Thanks for the reply! Stingray :D

Four days with the 921 and all is good except for one thing:

ABC 41 in Detroit won't lock in most of the time with a signal that at first oscillates from 0 to 70 for a while than becomes steady at 116. It stays red and will not lock under an ADD DTV, but sometimes will lock under a SCAN DTV. Either way the signal eventually fades and picture is lost.

With the 6000 it has always locked at 98 - 100 signal. What gives??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)