Any advice please

icbg2000

Original poster
Oct 9, 2006
Pocatello,ID
I've got a 625 installed tv 2 is back fed through diplexers, then mirrors 2 other tv's. Before I started the current tv #2 was connected to a 311 and the other 2 tv's was mirrored off of that and worked great. Now the mirrored tv's are completely fuzzy. It's like the cable won't allow the modulated signal to those tv's, but it carried the 311 signal and off air signal just fine. Any advice would be very appriciated. The customer would prefer not to run new cable.
Thanks
Scott Cate
Big Dog Satellite
Pocatello,ID.

Thanks, I did go double check that, they are both correct, the primary #2 tv has a great picture it is just the 2 mirrored off of that. I have also checked the splitter, and replace with a higher mhz rated splitter.

There are two different type of channel numbers "air" and "cable".

The setting on the TV has to match that of the 625.

With the old system of 3 or 4 being the only choices, that was not a factor.

I will say I have seen bad diplexers bad from the factory, check that first.

I've seen just a couple of times where the cable itself was bad, work on higher frequencies but not lower, you can try changing the modulated channel output, it still no go run yourself test cable to see if that actually is the issue.

The modulated channel output I believe can range from Ch21-60 air and some like 73-99 Cable.

One last thing can be tried is to modulate on Ch3-4 using the TV1 output, run your vhf-uhf side of your diplexer out that port and for loss purposes just connect the 2nd mirrored tv barreled to see if that'll at least work...

If that was the case you could combine Ch3-4 with Ch73 to give the first mirrored tv to have TV2 and the second for TV1 output... most likely have to amplify the signal on 3-4 to give a clear picture to last television.

Still with me?

rcdallas, thanks alot I have tried all that, exept the tv 1 and the test cable. I am 99.99% positive, it's the existing cable. The picture does get better at higher channels on "air", but still not as clear as it should be no difference with or without splitters. Totally sucks on "cable", any channel. My customer was realy hoping not to have to run new cable, but I am pretty sure that's what has to happen here. It's hard though to convince people, most of the time it is their cable, when it worked with all of the other signals. They just don't like to buy into the freaquencey thing.
Thanks again to all who replied. I realy appriciate it
Scott

rcdallas, thanks alot I have tried all that, exept the tv 1 and the test cable. I am 99.99% positive, it's the existing cable. The picture does get better at higher channels on "air", but still not as clear as it should be no difference with or without splitters. Totally sucks on "cable", any channel. My customer was realy hoping not to have to run new cable, but I am pretty sure that's what has to happen here. It's hard though to convince people, most of the time it is their cable, when it worked with all of the other signals. They just don't like to buy into the freaquencey thing.
Thanks again to all who replied. I realy appriciate it
Scott

higher channels??? Go lower. As low as you can, like 21,22 or something. Keep away from OTA channel frequencies by a channel or two, but keep it as low as you can

If you have double checked the connections on the splitters and diplexers, then it is either faulty equipment (splitters, diplexers, cabling), and too many breaks in the line.

TV2 signal is Analog.... so unfortunately it is very sensitive to dB loss. My guess is your problem comes down to a combination of too many breaks in the cabling (barrels,wall plates, splitters, etc.) and too much cabling.

I bet if you were to replace your wall cabling with some jumpers running down your hallways to test, you would get a great picture. (duplicating the current setup)

Keep in mind that every break in the line will cause dB loss, as well as simply having longer cable runs... as well as bends in the cable, staples pinching the line (common in prewired homes)

I would look for a splitter that is hooked up backwards at the current TV2 location. Not necessarily backwards, but has signal that is flowing from out port to out port. The high isolation from out to out on a splitter will kill picture. Trace the signal from the two grainy TVs from their common splitter and follow that wire back to your 311 former location.

Are you using two 2-way splitters or just one three way to serve all TVs?

BTW, do you know Alex Alarcon?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)