Any Atlanta, GA customers get Local HD yet?

elloco07

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 25, 2005
Hi
I just want to know if any Atlanta, Ga or surrounding areas get HD Locals yet with either a 211 or 622, Let me know thanks.

-d

elloco07 said:
Hi
I just want to know if any Atlanta, Ga or surrounding areas get HD Locals yet with either a 211 or 622, Let me know thanks.

I spoke with my reseller last night and he said that the latest they have for Atlanta HD Locals is March 16.

Really? that sucks, why so long when Charlie said it would be on 2/1. Guess I am going to wait to get my 622 till after Locals for Atlanta are available.

I ordered (leased) a 622 with an install date in March. I currently have a Dish 500 only, and am wondering whether I am going to need a 61.5 dish or to replace the Dish500 with a Dish1000. Does anyone know which satellite the Atlanta HD locals are planned to be sent from?

Last edited:
Since Atlanta has a few channels on the 61.5 satellite, that would be my guess. We will have to wait to know for sure.

Anybody knows if Atlanta locals gonna be in full HD or HD-LITE? That's vital to make a decision if I need them thru E* at all.

Thanks!

The Atlanta HD channels were uplinked yesterday (2/15). Based on Nashville being uplinked on 1/25/06 and available to subscribers now, Atlanta probably will be available in mid to late March. If anyone has more specific timeframe, please post.

The Big Wood said:
They were uplinked to the 129 sat. You will need a Dish 1000 sat dish if you don't have one, or swing your 61.5 dish to the 129 location.

I signed up to lease a VIP622 with the installation date being March 2. I thought that my present setup with a Dish 500 and a 61.5 dish would be fine. Most speculation had been that the Atlanta HD stations would be on 61.5. I just talked to a CSR to get a Dish 1000 added to the installation and she said that a Dish 1000 could not be added since I did not need it for currently available service and they had no schedule to indicate when and on what satelite HD locals would be added. It appears that my only option is to cancel and reschedule after the Atlanta HD locals are available. Anyone know of any other options? I need to keep the dish for 61.5 for my Sky Angel service.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)