Any "breaking news" on the audio dropout issue with local channels like ABC and Fox?

dudeman739

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 30, 2008
North Carolina
Any "breaking news" on the "audio dropout issue" with local channels like ABC and Fox with 622/722 receivers? :confused:

Has anyone actually received an email or talked on the phone with a Dish Network engineer about this in the past few days? Are they working hard on a fix at least? Are the engineers back from Christmas vacations to work on these issues?

Any "breaking news" on the "audio dropout issue" with local channels like ABC and Fox with 622/722 receivers? :confused:

Has anyone actually received an email or talked on the phone with a Dish Network engineer about this in the past few days? Are they working hard on a fix at least? Are the engineers back from Christmas vacations to work on these issues?

The problem was fixed in software update L615, but that update has not been rolled out to everyone yet.

Anyone know WHY some people are getting the L6.15 software for VIP 622/722 receivers and others are not? Is the rollout based on geography? Some random rollout based on serial numbers? Based on how old your VIP622/722 is?

Anyone know WHY some people are getting the L6.15 software for VIP 622/722 receivers and others are not? Is the rollout based on geography? Some random rollout based on serial numbers? Based on how old your VIP622/722 is?

They started with a rollout targeted to certain areas but then I think they switched to a rollout based on receiver number like they usually do.

Yes, this has been taking forever to get fixed (since it broke last summer).

I check my SW version every few days.. still stuck at 614... :mad:

New software update has been posted, L6.16 is spooling.

You didn't show zipcodes in the update thread. But since it again shows that it is apparently going to all serial numbers, I would guess that it is again going out by zipcodes.

You didn't show zipcodes in the update thread. But since it again shows that it is apparently going to all serial numbers, I would guess that it is again going out by zipcodes.

What's spooling now is to update the receivers that already have 6.15 to 6.16. I wider rollout will be later I suspect if 6.16 doesn't go bust like 6.15. :)

Gotta wonder what was wrong with 6.15 that they had to pump out 6.16 so quickly. Or some "enhancement?"

What's spooling now is to update the receivers that already have 6.15 to 6.16. I wider rollout will be later I suspect if 6.16 doesn't go bust like 6.15. :)

This is correct, it's only spooling to receivers with L615. I'm glad they decided not to spool L615 to all receivers. I had nothing but troubles with L615 and my rock solid (before L615) 722 receiver. :)

I also got a feeling that they are adding some kind of new feature or "enhancement" with L616 like navychop said.

Back to the original topic... My wife was watching ABC last night (HD Local) and audio was fine until she paused and started watching the paused/delayed version. Audio dropouts started until she was able to forward through a commercial back to Live mode.

Last night watching the national championship game had audio dropouts all through the live broadcast and I'm on 616. This was on my local fox through dish.

I seemed to notice no dropouts during commercials but maybe there wasn't enough time or I wasn't paying good enough attention.

I called and reported to Dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts