Any chance of an Sirius IP radio?

seandudley

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 30, 2004
Loudon, Tennessee
Hey guys,

I got to thinking, Sirius offers a "CD-quality" service available via the Internet, but you have to have a computer to access it. It seems they should have an IP Radio that could access the CD-quality stream, and then you could run that into your regular audio system, and change stations like you do on regular Sirius radios. I have Sirius tied into a home audio system, and I would like to be able to get the CD-quality sound, but there isn't any practical way to do it without them offering an IP Radio (so that I can easily change stations from the control panels around the house which use an infrared blaster to tell the radio what to do.) Anyone heard anything about an IP Radio being in the works?

Thanks.

Sean

Wouldn't this work?

SIRIUS

Personally I use my Stiletto for around the house and yard on WiFi. The Sirius Internet Radio premium service of course.

Thanks for the link, Sirius_Rich. It looks very close to what I would need. The ZP80 would connect to my AV receiver which is connected to all of the speakers in the house. It even has that cool controller what lets me actually see what I'm selecting on the screen. The only thing it seems to be missing that I would need is the ability to accept infrared commands (unless I missed that). I won't always have that bluetooth controller handy, and I already have keypads all over the house for audio control that send their signals via infrared, so I would need to be able to have the unit accept infrared commands, also.

Sean Dudley

Not for Sirius, but Handango has a piece of software that lets you tune into XM Online on a Windows Mobile phone. Pretty cool, it works with T-Mobile's $5.99 unlimited data plan, and the sound quality is great, though it takes a long time for the stream to start.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)