Any chance of More HD in March

curtishd

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 28, 2006
Are there any chances of getting more local as well as nation HD channels added in March? I would love to see Starz HD and the National Geographic channel. Maybe then I would up grade to a 622.

I think HGTV HD is due in March, and Food HD 2 or 3 months later, and rumors abound that Nat Geo HD will be coming "soon." I'd love to see it, but I'll believe it AFTER I've seen it.

If you signed on for a ViP622 now, it would probably be late March or into April before your install would actually take place. The ViP622 shortage may ease a bit by then, and there also seems to be a shortage of DPP44 switches. There may or may not be an installer backlog.

While I was at CES I visited as many sat and cable provider booths as possible. Out of all of them, Dish was the only one officially announcing new HD content. I certainly know of the drawbacks to being a Dish customer, but they are way ahead of everyone right now in terms of HD content. I too would like to see more content soon, but I am well beyond Dish needing to 'prove' anything to me in this area. They have delivered new content whereas others (like DirecTV) have not. And the new 622 is a very nice unit so far. Not sure what anyone who is into HD is waiting for, especially if HD is your biggest priority (cept for you 921 and 942 owners :)).

BFG, I am not doubting your "Yes" at all, but I am curious is this a guess, or is it something you have some information to back it up?

Just going by what dish said that they'll be carrying this channel when it starts going, 2nd quarter, which is april, which is when the channel starts

Last edited: