Any chance to preorder converter box

goldengoose

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 10, 2006
Is there any hope at all that we could pre-order the converter boxes?

I , like many, have my coupons which I ordered prior to knowing that the dish product would not be available before they expire.

Would like to get the dish product but may have to use them for something else.

It would seem to make good business sense for Dish to work something out for coupons prior to their expiration.

Oh yeah by the way, dish will have TWO converted boxes.. one regular that costs 49.99 or something(free with govt cupon)

And another OFF AIR CONVERTER DVR BOX!!!!

That one they didnt tell us the price but wont qualify for the government reinbursement :/ bohoo!

Oh yeah by the way, dish will have TWO converted boxes.. one regular that costs 49.99 or something(free with govt cupon)

And another OFF AIR CONVERTER DVR BOX!!!!

That one they didnt tell us the price but wont qualify for the government reinbursement :/ bohoo!

Not eligible because it outputs HD.

The auto reply message from TR40@SlingMedia.com will soon include the following EchoStar legal team approved addendum if it does not already.

"The TR-40 is expected to launch in June while the TR-50 is expected in September. We understand a great number of consumers have already received their coupons from the NTIA and are concerned that they will expire before the TR-40 is on the market. We are currently working with federal agencies to try and augment this process but we do not have any control over it."

Is there any hope at all that we could pre-order the converter boxes?

I , like many, have my coupons which I ordered prior to knowing that the dish product would not be available before they expire.

Would like to get the dish product but may have to use them for something else.

It would seem to make good business sense for Dish to work something out for coupons prior to their expiration.

With Dish, why would you need a coupon or a converter box???????

fred

Shouldn't we have these OTA converter boxes threads in the OTA forum? If you're a Dish Network customer you don't need a converter box. Just my opinion.

A case could be made for that. but then again since the question concerns whether these particualr boxes can be preordered from Dish and/or Echostar a case can be made that they belong here.

BTW there is a special retailer chat today. the main focus i9s expected to be the status of AMC 14 but it was stated that the difgital transition will be discussed. Perhaps they will touch on this.

I don't see the point in a pre-order. Unless those model 40s from Dish are somehow superior what's the difference? Besides, the vouchers would still expire in 90 days, I think, and I don't believe Dish can get reimbursed if they fail to make the rollout before the expiration deadline.

I thought about the DVR option, but since the Wal*Mart boxes are essentially free and the voucher is no good on them the worst off I would be is to donate them to charity when the DVR IS available.

The Dish Network converter box is going to be cheaper than the ones offered at Wal-Mart so that is why we are wanting a Dish Network pre-order otherwise we have to pay a $30 difference in price for each of them.

You will only have to pay an extra $9.99-$19.99 for the boxes at Walmart, at least in my local stores, not $30.00. You must live in Beverly Hills, West Virginia... :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)