Any confirmed bugs on 612?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

PEDROJOSE

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jul 22, 2008
san juan
Im having the following problems
1 when changing channels goes to aquiring satellite signal often

2 starts thinking and reboots itself while on the screen is the channel info

This happens to me as well. Anyone know what causes it?

(EDIT: I thought this thread was about the VIP 612.)

Last edited:
I have noticed audio popping noise while change from SD to HD channels (at least with HDMI connected unit, will check others later). Also, the audio level in general seems reduced since L612.

Still have the shrunk screen (in the upper lefthand corner) on TV1 when TV2 was changed from STANDARD / NORMAL to LETTERBOX...

Correction (that works so far but is annoying) is to go into setup and tell TV1 to be 720p then let it revert back to 1080i...

Ted...

PS: this started with L610 and is on my 722

Last edited:
I'm not sure whether I have L610 or L612 (did not know a new version was out already). However, I have been experiencing the following bugs since last night, and never before last night:

1) Periodically will switch to "acquiring signal" screen while watching an HD program, however by going down or up a channel and switching right back, the channel will work immediately. However, the "acquiring signal" screen is prone to coming back, sometimes after a few minutes, sometimes after a few seconds.

2) My wife was watching a DVR'd program on TV2, and when I turned on TV1, the picture was a small box in the upper-left corner, no matter which channel, no matter whether TV2 was turned on or off. Only rebooting brought the picture back to normal.

I will have to check for my software version again when I get home from work this evening. I just wish that the programmers / testers would test this stuff just a bit more thoroughly before pushing it through as an official update. It sounds as if L612, if that is what I have now, is just as buggy as L610.

Definitely having bugs here on my 622 with L612. When tuning to OTA locals, I'm getting black screen and meter shows 0 signal strength (although signal is really at 95%), and I dont get the yellow error message, and swapping (PIP) to the other tuner does not swap.

If I then go to a sat channel from an OTA channel it doesnt always tune to the channel I type.

Also when I go to play A DVR'd event, it does not always play, and I have at least five times been able to duplicate a situation where attempting to play a DVR'd event by selecting the Play button (on screen) results in my 622 tuning to a channel, rather than playing the DVR event.

The screen is also flashing to black for one second when I push Cancel.

Just realized that PIP Swap (in single mode) isnt working at all. I'm tuned to HBO now, and correct movie is on. I swap, and picture is blank, but HBO audio is still playing. I hit cancel or info and HBO movie appears, and banner says History channel/program, not HBO. So, I'm unable to successfully Swap tuners... Turning receiver 'off' seems to make issue go away until the next time it starts happening...

None of the above happens 100% of the time, and apparently is exacerbated by moving between different activities (going from sat channels to OTA channels to DVR'd events, back to Sat or OTA channels).

I have unplugged/rebooted/checked switch/downloaded guide/run System Info LNBF check.

I'm not having any of these problems on my 622 that is still on L512.

My 622 under L612 seems very flaky compared to how relatively rock solid my 622 has always been.

If you have problems with L612:

- Please state whether you use the OTA feature.

- Try unplugging the receiver for 30 seconds (when it is not recording) and plug it back in, and see if that helps.

- See if the top of the receiver is uncomfortably hot. If so, search the Dish Network Technical Forum here for titles with "temperature". For a test, just put a desk or room fan pointing at the receiver and see if the problems lessen or go away.

I've Had only a few of the Issues with the satellite signal screen, But after my last Update "Turbo", I've not had any issues. I don't use OTA. But I do use the 612 for my main TV .

Biggest bug came last night. The DVR was to tape Cops at 8; however, I was watching Mets on SNYHD and flipping between that and SuperBad on StarzHD . . . well the guide said it taped Cops, it even gave the description of the episode, but it taped SuperBad . . . anyone else experience this?

Yesterday mornin wife was watching TV1 When she used the jump ahead button it switches to a PIP window on the top left. Tryed the mode button thinking (it was the pip malfunctioning). this worked for a litte while but when she used the junp ahead it switched back to a single pip window. Did a Front panel reset, it fixed the problem. But still called dish for an error report, so the software engineers can fix the problem, with a new software update.

The aforementioned power cord pull, after an update, can fix timer issues - I've seen it personally.

It's not a bug with the software itself, but actually a weakness of the upgrade process - evidently even a front panel button reset does not entirely clear the memory.

Biggest bug came last night. The DVR was to tape Cops at 8; however, I was watching Mets on SNYHD and flipping between that and SuperBad on StarzHD . . . well the guide said it taped Cops, it even gave the description of the episode, but it taped SuperBad . . . anyone else experience this?
Same happened here was taping something on vh1, guide and dvr menu said it taped vh1, it even gave the description of the episode, but the show was las vegas on tnt.
I had been watching las vegas off and on, but my 722 messed up.

The audio level on my SD channels has dropped significantly (if I had to guess, I'd say 25%)

I hope they haven't compressed it worse than it already is. I watched "Primeval" on BBC America last Saturday night and the ProLogic II decoder in my receiver was hardly pulling out any surround sound at all. In fact it was hardly even sending any sound to the front channels, just the center. The commercials seemed OK though, go figure. I haven't had time to watch any other SD programs yet to check if it was just the one show that was weird.

Just realized that PIP Swap (in single mode) isnt working at all. I'm tuned to HBO now, and correct movie is on. I swap, and picture is blank, but HBO audio is still playing. I hit cancel or info and HBO movie appears, and banner says History channel/program, not HBO. So, I'm unable to successfully Swap tuners... Turning receiver 'off' seems to make issue go away until the next time it starts happening...

Same here. The screen goes blank when when swapping but sound continues. It doesn't do it every time. Have to do a reboot to get picture back.

612L on my 622. Small picture in upper left corner on tv1 since update. I have to reboot to fix. This is beginning to be a tiresome routine!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)