Any D* users also use FTA?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
PSB said:
Sorry to disagree with the other members but a 30" dish will work FINE in GA. for 99% of your signals. I noticed when I was in GA. (Then FL.) that satellite signals are MUCH higher than up here in MN. where many people use a 30" dish with NO PROBLEMS!
I have to remember that not everyone has the same (low) signal strengths I run into up here in northern Vt. My 30" does struggle with g10 11720, but then again, it is at an elevation of 18 degrees here which makes for a long slant angle.

I have no problem with a 39" dish as I like geeky looking toys all over the outside of my house :)

So, the only thing is, I need to find a local shop to buy everything from. I live in Marietta,GA and I found a wholesaler that is close by (WSI Digital - www.wsidigital.com) and they list some GA dealers around here.

Can anyone here in Metro atlanta point me in the right direction? Actually I'd buy dinner if someone near marietta wants to help me get setup...

What about a vote for receivers?

So what is my total i am looking at spending?

at this point I need a 39" dish with lnb, motor to support the dish, RG-6 of course to run to receiver, and the Mercury II receiver. Anything else?

I would have a look at our gold sponsors links at the top of this page for ideas on prices and systems!

Iceberg, how acurate is that link? it dont list SBS6.... is there a up to date list of all available ch and sats?

I subscibe to D***net, and also have an FTA system. I like FTA for all the network affiliates all over the US, for channels like Euronews and BBC World that aren't available on D***net, and for the asian programming that my wife watches. Plus, it's fun to look for new channels that appear and disappear without notice.

fortyfives...we don't need to use the *** in DishNetwork. Usually when its posted that way, it seems like someone is up to no good (not implying anything. I subscibe to Dish too) :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)