Any deals for those already with HD platnium

phillycreamboy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 9, 2006
I was wondering if they plan on offering anything to those who already carry platnium HD and have a 622. Seems like we should get some sort of deal.

BFG said:
like what? they've already lured you in don't need to do anything now.

yep, they already have you in the sucker catagory and count on your $105 bucks every month, no way they are giving you any of that back, LOL!!!!!!

They will probably send you an occasional free PPV movie coupon to lure you into spending more money each month, that's if you are not already in their sucker catagory for that also!!! :) :) :)

Just kidding, enjoy all those channels!!!!!

Last edited:
Perhaps you can save $340 over the next 18 months by cancelling service and having your significant other sign up as a new customer: $20 x 10 month DishHD promotion, free Starz $7.50 x 3 months, free DHPP ($5.99) w/18 month subscription. We have two owned 622, but we could get the leased 811 replaced with a 211 so we can enjoy all the DishHD channels we're paying to receive.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I am one paying for just about everything short of (for lack of a better term) non-English programming. Sure, to some, the cost of over $100 a month might seem high, but coming from cable and all it's outages and PQ swinging greatly from channel to channel, it's a joy paying less for better PQ and less (much less) outages compared to cable! I've been with D since '98 and only once have I lost signal. Even then, the signal loss was due to the movement of a sat. When I had cable, if I went a month with no outage, that would be a shock!

Yes, I would love less compression on most channels....Yes, I would love more bandwidth for the HD channels.....Still, I know I am better off with D than with my local cable!

Oh....I'm always on D's butt to get better upgrade pricing and such. So far, it's a 50/50 win/lose process. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)