Any Dish disputes with New York locals?

DialgaChampion

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 27, 2015
New York
I was just checking my PTAT folder for Thursday April 15 and nothing was recorded earlier tonight.

Then I tried changing the channel to one of my locals to watch live tv and this message appeared on screen:

"Local Channels Interrupted - Error 536. We are aware of this issue and are working with our programming provider to resolve it. There is no need to call us unless this message remains on screen for more than 2 hours."

Obviously it's been more than 2 hours now, but I was just wondering if there was another dispute going on.

Eastern or western arc?
Eastern, 61.5

Edit -- Actually, just checked right now (8:50am) and NBC, CBS, ABC and FOX are back up again, but the smaller local channels MeTV, myTV, CW, PBS, ION and feTV are all still displaying that same message.

As far as the main networks go, they must've been down from 8pm last night to as early as 8am this morning, because I checked an hour ago and they were still out.

--------------
Edit 2 -- I shouldn't have said anything. All of the channels are out again.

Are you referring to the NYC locals? At least the Albany, NY locals are ok, but I don't know about the other NY state DMA's. It's probably an uplink transmission error.

Are you referring to the NYC locals? At least the Albany, NY locals are ok, but I don't know about the other NY state DMA's. It's probably an uplink transmission error.

It was WCBS, WNBC, WNYW (FOX) and WABC in New York, NY.

Seems like everything's working again now. I checked my PTAT folder again and it looks like recordings for the locals resumed starting at 9:14 pm, and the live feeds are currently all back up as of right now.

I'll have to keep an eye on it. Paying $12 for locals when they're not working is not good.

Seems like everything's working again now. I checked my PTAT folder again and it looks like recordings for the locals resumed starting at 9:14 pm, and the live feeds are currently all back up as of right now.
Bizarre... I wonder if moving your locals between transponders would do this.

For the record, I saved that $12 by going OTA. And I still have auto-hop even though I don't have PTAT any more.

It was WCBS, WNBC, WNYW (FOX) and WABC in New York, NY.

I'll have to keep an eye on it. Paying $12 for locals when they're not working is not good.
I'm glad it's fixed for you! It still suggests an uplink issue to me since it would be highly unlikely for a retransmission dispute to involve that many diverse stations. Uplink issues are rare, but like any technology, failures can and do occur.

Not a retransmission dispute at all. That message is a signal loss message. You need to do a small adjustment on your antenna or tighten up some loose cables.

Reactions: pattykay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)