Any Dish receiver with HD for TV2 output?

rdecast

Original poster
Dec 18, 2010
seattle
I know this question has been asked in related fashion, but I was wondering if there is any Dish receiver out there that provides a second output for TV2 in HD. I understand the limitations in distance for component or HDMI, and that the coax output displays in SD, but I have an additional TV set up right next to my primary TV that I use during Sundays for football. It would be nice to have that second TV in HD.

Right now, I have the Dish 722VIP and the only output options for TV2 right into the receiver are the R/G/B connectors.

Thanks in advance.

For what you want to do (two TVs, different channels), No. The RGB outs are an alternative to HDMI, not discreet to TV2, and would carry the same picture as that on TV1.

thanks for the quick response. Actually, I'm doing it now. The receiver has options for TV1 and TV2. The TV1 outputs are HDMI, RGB, and Component... there are a second set of output connections that are listed TV2, one for coax (which I'm using for other TVs in the house) and RGB, which I'm using for the second screen next to my primary.

I was just wondering if there was a Dish receiver out there that had the second set of outputs for TV2 for HD. I think it's ridiculous that they provide RGB outputs for TV2, but only give the RGB option.

Thanks again!

Component is RGB (HD) for TV1 only, what your receiver has is COMPOSITE for TV1 & TV2 which is SD

Yes, it is kind of ridiculous. The only way at this time to get HD out of TV2 on a 722 is with a Sling Adapter. Then you need something like a Sling Receiver to convert it back for viewing on a 2nd HDTV. The only Dish receiver that can do this without the Adapter is the Slingloaded 922.

Yes, it is kind of ridiculous. The only way at this time to get HD out of TV2 on a 722 is with a Sling Adapter. Then you need something like a Sling Receiver to convert it back for viewing on a 2nd HDTV. The only Dish receiver that can do this without the Adapter is the Slingloaded 922.

And there you go, having to complicate things even further!;);)

Personally, this whole Sling-Thing is the biggest pile of crap I have ever seen.

Since when does Dish make a dual-tuner receiver with 2 HD outputs?

And there you go, having to complicate things even further!;);)

Personally, this whole Sling-Thing is the biggest pile of crap I have ever seen.

Ain't it the truth! I think DISH has wasted a bunch of time and effort on this concept and it still doesn't work as it is supposed to. The 922 was the biggest bait and switch receiver I've ever owned and then got rid of. It doesn't do tv 2 in hd because of no sling extender. Although Scott says it is now being tested in beta. I think DISH should of worked on the networked multi-room viewing like Directv has done. Then it would at least allow me to network my 211ks and my 722k together and I could share all the hard drives and external hard drives in any room in the house. Sling doesn't work well and it won't ever work well in some parts of the country due to lack of high speed internet. I have high speed internet with the highest mbps I can get at 15 mbps and a brand new quad processing computer and my sling never worked well at all. Just imagine some of the parts of the country with nothing other than dial up or dsl.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts