Any DUAL HD output receivers in the horizon???

jwortiz

Original poster
Sep 22, 2003
Hey guys,

Any idea if Dish Network will come out with a dual tuner HD receiver (like the 625) that will output two HD signals instead of one HD and one SD?? Just curious... :)

I'd love to get a second HD LCD screen for my bedroom and be able to see the HD recorded programming at both my bedroom and my home theater locations.

Thanks...

If they output the HD signal over coax to TV2, there would be no copyright protection. It would be easy to copy and distribute programming. So we probably won't see that. No HDCP over coax to a regular TV RF input.

I am not sure why there isa problem w/TV2 that is not there with TV1.

TV1 connects via HDMI (digital), which has HDCP, or component (analog), and is subject to the broadcast flag. Record once/never record/downrez are all possibilities. If you send a high def signal over coax to TV2, there are no constraints. There's no HDCP, no copy protection of any kind. Just a pure clean signal that the TV would recognize, presumably as ATSC channel 3 or 4 (for example). TV2 would get a good signal, but that signal could also be received by another device and recorded. And then sent out over the internet. I don't believe the OTA ATSC signals have broadcast flags (struck down by the courts).

Keep in mind, that TV on TV2 is not set up to decode/obey any broadcast flag, it is designed to accept an OTA antenna input on that coax.

I wonder if the tv2 signal could be encrypted such that an inexpensive yet proprietary decrypter could then convert the signal to HDMI or YPbPr+toslink at the TV2 location. Then you only need 1 HD IRD plus the outboard TV2 unit.

Component video can go as far as 200 feet without degradation.

Monoprice.com has a 100 foot Component video cable with 2 channel audio (5 conductors with RCA plugs on both ends) for under $40.

So, unless you need different HD channels on each TV, you can set the 622 in single mode, put the bedroom HD TV on that component cable, and put your main set on HDMI.

If you need two different HD channels at once, you need to get two 622's (or two 612's).

Hey guys,

Any idea if Dish Network will come out with a dual tuner HD receiver (like the 625) that will output two HD signals instead of one HD and one SD?? Just curious... :)

I'd love to get a second HD LCD screen for my bedroom and be able to see the HD recorded programming at both my bedroom and my home theater locations.

Thanks...

You can try buying a second 622 from the dish store. There are quite of few people here that has two 622s.

I'm wondering if some ppl made that high sofisticated R5000 device, why no one came to simple board for create second component output for TV2 ?
The all signals should be there just before TV2 modulator.

Component video can go as far as 200 feet without degradation.

Monoprice.com has a 100 foot Component video cable with 2 channel audio (5 conductors with RCA plugs on both ends) for under $40.

So, unless you need different HD channels on each TV, you can set the 622 in single mode, put the bedroom HD TV on that component cable, and put your main set on HDMI.

If you need two different HD channels at once, you need to get two 622's (or two 612's).

Isn't there only one audio output tho? HDMI doesn't carry audio right?

I'm wondering if some ppl made that high sofisticated R5000 device, why no one came to simple board for create second component output for TV2 ?
The all signals should be there just before TV2 modulator.

I think the answer to this involves the use of the word "lawyers."

No way the lawyers will involved in the mod - when you getting SAME signal/program from TV2 but in different output form !

Component output of TV2 will have no difference from component output of TV1.