Any experience with Allsat?

billbillw

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 3, 2004
Atlanta
Has anyone bought through www.allsat.com?
They advertise all of their systems for free. I am considering getting 2 tv system with 1 HD811 and 1 DVR522.
Are there any strings/problems to lookout for?

I purchased through AllSat a few years ago with absolutely no issues related to the purchase. I did suffer from a bad installer, though. Another team had to be sent out because the original team did not tighten the bolts on the dish. :no

Scott Greczkowski said:
Go through DishStore.NET as its BETTER then free, after you activate you a $49.95 credit on your bill. :)

The link indicates that this deal expired Aug 31st. Is it still valid? If the deal is no good, then the 2 sites have the same deal.

Bill you realize this is not a FREE SYSTEM it is a lease system where DISH Network retains ownership. You can get a FREE SYSTEM from Directv where you will own the equipment, There will be costs though to upgrade to HDTV but it will work correctly.

If it is a lease, why do they offer warranty coverage for extra cost? Also, there is not extra lease fees indicated in the monthly cost. Anyone? Please explain. Is the equipment yours or not?

The DHA plan is a lease plan, no annual contract. You don't own the equipment. The warranty is for reduced service charges and one free move should you ever move. With Direct you do own the equipment but have to sign a one year commitment. They also offer a service warranty for an additional charge.

But do they charge a "lease fee" for the equipment? The monthly prices don't seem to be higher than the plan where you buy the equipment.

Does it really matter if you own the equipment or not? If they aren't really charging you a monthly fee for use of the equipment, I don't see the advantage to buying/owning the equipment. You can't use it with any other service, and if/when you decide to cancel service, you don't have a bunch of equipment collecting dust.

Edit: I just noticed that there is a $5 equipment rental fee for each additional reciever; The first reciever is free. They don't charge for the additional programing like D*, so its really a wash. Either you pay $5 to rent the equip and don't pay for additional programing (as long as its connected to phone line) or with D*, you own equipment, but pay $5 for each extra reciever to get programing.

You're correct - the name might change, but secondary receivers cost $5 each.

POSSIBLE exception (I don't remember) is the second non-DVR box on a DHA account.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)