Any Full Res Still Out There?

general487

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 17, 2006
Winfield, AL
Are there any DishHD channels that are broadcasting at full 1920 x 1080i resolution?

The res. and bitrate chart confuses me, because it doesn't tell the individual resolutions for each of the channels. Maybe I just don't fully understand, but could someone enlighten me?

general487 said:
Are there any DishHD channels that are broadcasting at full 1920 x 1080i resolution?

The res. and bitrate chart confuses me, because it doesn't tell the individual resolutions for each of the channels. Maybe I just don't fully understand, but could someone enlighten me?
If you can't tell by looking at the channels, what difference does it make?

"Are there any DishHD channels that are broadcasting at full 1920 x 1080i resolution?"

So, based on the note at the top of the chart that says:
"Voom Channels are 1280x1080i"
"1920x1080i MPEG4 Channels are converted to 1440x1080i"

I guess the answer is NO?????

Although it says Senior Member under my name, I still feel like a confused noob with some of this stuff sometimes. :confused:

There are a few, although most aren't getting a lot of bandwidth.

Both HBO and Showtime are still 1920x1080. They get moderate bandwidth.

I believe both Food & HGHD are 1920, but get low bandwidth.

There are no high quality 1920x1080i channels remaining. I think one reason for that is that E* doesn't want subs to see what good HD looks like, or else there would be more complaints about the other channels.

ESPN can still throw up a good image, in 1280x720p with high bandwidth.

Tom Bombadil said:
I think one reason for that is that E* doesn't want subs to see what good HD looks like, or else there would be more complaints about the other channels.
*ding* *ding* *ding*

We have a winner!:up

TNTHD and HBOHD are 1920x1080i now, NHLHD 1280x720p

Attachments

• 110tp13 100506.JPG
    110tp13 100506.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 265
So basically, here are the channels that operate at full resolution:

9420 TNT-HD
9456 HBO-HD
9460 Showtime-HD
9461 HGHD
9462 Food-HD

Can't a guy ask a question like this without getting bashed in the first response? I was just curious, not trying to make any kind of points!

I personally find that the channels listed above that I subscribe to (TNT, HG, Food) look better than my other channels. I don't know why that is, but that was my suspicion when I asked the question.

If anyone knows that any other DishHD channels are at full resolution (yes, even if they are bit-starved), please let me know. It'd be nice to have a chart that listed every HD channels' resolution.

P Smith-
Do you have access to TP 20 off of 61.5 for bandwidth readings?

That's where FOOD HD is - just curious if they ever raised it from it's previous ~ 10 MB levels.

general487 said:
Can't a guy ask a question like this without getting bashed in the first response? I was just curious, not trying to make any kind of points!
Sorry, if you considered it a bash. I think asking the question of what difference does it make what the resolution is if you can't tell by looking at the channels was a relevent question. Since low bitrate is our enemy not resolution.

general487 said:
So basically, here are the channels that operate at full resolution:

9420 TNT-HD
9456 HBO-HD
9460 Showtime-HD
9461 HGHD
9462 Food-HD

I personally find that the channels listed above that I subscribe to (TNT, HG, Food) look better than my other channels. I don't know why that is, but that was my suspicion when I asked the question.

If anyone knows that any other DishHD channels are at full resolution (yes, even if they are bit-starved), please let me know. It'd be nice to have a chart that listed every HD channels' resolution.

You should add in the channels that are 720p, since those too are "full resolution". Both ESPN's, National Geographic, ABC's and FOX's, not sure about NHLHD's native resolution, but probably is 720p. What else?

I thought the demo channel off 61.5 was supposed to be full res. No idea about the bit rate, though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)