any good NON 4g sprint phones comming?

Symbol

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 24, 2009
Puerto Rico
my early sprint prem upgrade is here and I'm searching for a new phone to replace my htc hero

I really hope sprint doesn't get into all the 4g hype by not making any new 3g smartphones.

I really don't want a 4g because of the $10.00 extra plus I'm in Puerto Rico! I'll be lucky if I get 4g before 2012!

right now I have a Family Everything Data Plan 1500(with any mobile any time) with a 25% work discount which sums the bill to $165 for my 4 phones. thats around $40 each which is why I don't want to add more extras to raise the bill :/

I thought about the Bold 9650 but BB and their browser = crap

The Palm Pre and the Pixi are going to be phased out soon.

The TP2 might get replaced by the epic(rumor)

the moment is the hero but with a keyboard

the intercept is the instinct s30 version of the samsung moment

any thoughts?do you know of any new phones comming?

It just blows sprint charges for the 4g, I mean if you give them your address (with proof thats your real address) they should be able to say hey! that guy has no 4g thus waiving the $10.00 fee

Bah

Actually, they don't have ANY 4G. It's marketing that they can only get away with in the United States. The ITU classes their service as a variation of 3G.

Not that that helps you any.

I think the 4g thing is Sprint's way forward. Every phone will have it, whether we like it or not. I signed up for Sprint in April EXPRESSLY in anticipation of the Evo, when Dan Hesse said there was NOT going to be an extra fee.
Lo and behold, Evo gets here, extra fee. No explanation other than some BS about "wicked fast processor" whatever that means...

I am SUPREMELY disappointed in Sprint, I left VZW because of BS like this, and Sprint stepped right into it.

And now the new Samsung is coming (Epic? I forget), and it already been announced, 10.00 extra.

I REFUSE to pay 10.00 extra for a service I cannot use. :)

Digiblur told me Sprint had a history of blowing their feet off with a bazooka...but DAMN...what are they thinking? :(

EDIT:

Here's one man's crusade against the fee....

Explain the Fee

Last edited:
Yeah Navy, I know its marketing BS, but my rant is that I can't even access that false claim from sprint :/

When I think about this I think about the SERO guys, They have the worst phones , except for the TP2 but they're never getting a 4g phone without switching plans.

I will say this, HTC make a TP3 already =)

my early sprint prem upgrade is here and I'm searching for a new phone to replace my htc hero

I really hope sprint doesn't get into all the 4g hype by not making any new 3g smartphones.

I really don't want a 4g because of the $10.00 extra plus I'm in Puerto Rico! I'll be lucky if I get 4g before 2012!

right now I have a Family Everything Data Plan 1500(with any mobile any time) with a 25% work discount which sums the bill to $165 for my 4 phones. thats around $40 each which is why I don't want to add more extras to raise the bill :/

I thought about the Bold 9650 but BB and their browser = crap

The Palm Pre and the Pixi are going to be phased out soon.

The TP2 might get replaced by the epic(rumor)

the moment is the hero but with a keyboard

the intercept is the instinct s30 version of the samsung moment

any thoughts?do you know of any new phones comming?

Unfortunately for you the best phone they have coming out is the Samsung Epic a 4G Slider with Android. This phone is really sweet. If they make just like the Samsung Vibrant on T-Mo it will be amazing. Now the Vibrant doesn't have a Keyboard but is smokin fasting with the Hummingbird processor. A coworker got hers Monday since she knows nothing but Blackberry I assisted. I personal just moved from a the Original Droid today to Droid X. I am unsure what I like better. Samsung has already been rooted.

I think you are best to bite the bullet on $10 charge to get the best phone for you money.

Guess we will have to wait and see :/

Yeah I like the epic but I'm wondering if sprint is going to give us a release date any time soon?

sprint might be the last to get a galaxy S phone, same way they did with the TP2

Yeah Navy, I know its marketing BS, but my rant is that I can't even access that false claim from sprint :/

When I think about this I think about the SERO guys, They have the worst phones , except for the TP2 but they're never getting a 4g phone without switching plans.

I will say this, HTC make a TP3 already =)
The guy in the next office keeps showing me his HTC EVO to the point I want to smack him. It's a really slick phone, but I am still using my nearly 3-year old Sprint Mogul since I love my SERO plan. Anyway, since I cannot Wow him with my technology...I just about floored him by showing him my $30 monthly bill for phone w/unlimited data and texting. I would to at least get an TP2, but there is no way in hell I am paying $199 to upgrade, which is the same price for a brand new EVO. I'm going to call Sprint and see if they'll waive the $199 charge because I am this close to signing up with Verizon and getting a regular flip-phone w/$30 discounted phone plan along with an almost free network w/$59 data plan. This combo is only a bit more than upgrade to a 4G plan...and Verizon service will actually work at my primary home.

Don't leave sero,you will regret it,people pay on ebay $150+ to buy sero accounts, did you check out the HTC snap? or the intrepid?

And your co-worker is paying atleast 80bucks for the same thing you have on his evo.

I currently have an HTC hero, I had a TP2 before and I can tell you this, I only had hype for the android for a month or two, then it got boring :/

Last edited:
Don't leave sero,you will regret it,people pay on ebay $150+ to buy sero accounts, did you check out the HTC snap? or the intrepid?

And your co-worker is paying atleast 80bucks for the same thing you have on his evo.

I currently have an HTC hero, I had a TP2 before and I can tell you this, I only had hype for the android for a month or two, then it got boring :/
Although not quite the same thing (the EVO is really slick) there is no way it is worth another $40-$50 per month. I'll probably get a TP2, but the Intrepid doesn't look bad. Anyway, I just noticed that I am not eligible for the $100 and $150 rebate (read the fine print) because the SERO is not a qualified Data Plan - would have to upgrade to the twice as expensive Simply Everything Plan. Ugh! Therefore the TP2 is still $300 and the Intrepid is $200 even with a new 2-year agreement. Sorry, but these phones are getting dated and probably not worth it.

I wonder if the WinMobile7 phones can be activated with SERO? Oh, and I noticed someone selling their SERO plan/phone for $180 today.

WP7 will not be on SERO, I am sure because its meant to compete with android and android is not allowed on SERO yet.

Try getting a phone off ebay?it doesn't matter if the phone is used, if you have insurance they cover it no matter where you got it from.

But yeah try to shoot for the TP2 or call rententions and explain to them where you stand, they should give you a deal since you are off contract.

WP7 will not be on SERO, I am sure because its meant to compete with android and android is not allowed on SERO yet.

Try getting a phone off ebay?it doesn't matter if the phone is used, if you have insurance they cover it no matter where you got it from.

But yeah try to shoot for the TP2 or call rententions and explain to them where you stand, they should give you a deal since you are off contract.
I called but no "deal" was offered. I've considered a straight purchase of the TP2 off craigslist, but I'm not willing to pay more than $125 for used year-old phone. Anyway, I am hoping the SERO rumor comes true in October. We shall see...

What's so great about that Verizon plan?

They'll probably "call your bluff" because why would you want that Verizon phone? Anyway, that plan isn't anywhere as good a deal as your SERO plan! I'm KEEPING MY SERO plan! :)

The guy in the next office keeps showing me his HTC EVO to the point I want to smack him. It's a really slick phone, but I am still using my nearly 3-year old Sprint Mogul since I love my SERO plan. Anyway, since I cannot Wow him with my technology...I just about floored him by showing him my $30 monthly bill for phone w/unlimited data and texting. I would to at least get an TP2, but there is no way in hell I am paying $199 to upgrade, which is the same price for a brand new EVO. I'm going to call Sprint and see if they'll waive the $199 charge because I am this close to signing up with Verizon and getting a regular flip-phone w/$30 discounted phone plan along with an almost free network w/$59 data plan. This combo is only a bit more than upgrade to a 4G plan...and Verizon service will actually work at my primary home.

I would LOVE to get all that for $30. The $ 199 would be a minor inconvenience if the plan was only $ 30
How do you get a SERO plan ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)