Any Harley riders out there?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

ripnbigc

Freeze Sucker!
Original poster
Jan 11, 2006
Wichita, Ks
Thought I'd see if any members ride Harleys. I'm leaving for my first long ride at 6:00 am in the morning. Going to Red River, NM. for their 26th Memorial Day Rally. 540 mi. away. The weather doesn't look all that great but what the heck. Really ready for some long rides this year.
Keep the shiny side up.:up
Rip

I own an '89 Lowrider that I have somewhat customized. But I can't really call myself a rider, not in the HOG sense! I'm strictly a fair weather rider, and that's mostly just short jaunts like poker runs and commuting. I'm likely to only put 3-4K on it a year. This season I pushed it out of its cave primarily to get to the mower. I fired it up anyway, which it did without too much coaxing. I didn't even have to give it a jump or shot of ether. Next morning I came out, and there was an oil spill under it all over the garage floor, looking like it was going to rival the Exxon-Valdez disaster !! I haven't taken the time to investigate further. Maybe this weekend. Given the current gas crisis, I really need to get 'er back on the road, and me back in the saddle...!

Good luck on your trip. And keep the rubber side down! Post some pix when you return...

Not that hard-core: BMW cruiser.

Attachments

• BMW2.jpeg
    BMW2.jpeg
    67.9 KB · Views: 144
Had a great ride, experienced all kinds of weather. High winds, snow, rain, and sun! From a low of 37 to a high of 90. Tough to pack for those kind of rides. Red River is a beautiful little town, and the terrain in the area is very diverse. Desert to mountains.

Attachments

• DSCN4948.JPG
    DSCN4948.JPG
    393.2 KB · Views: 144
  • DSCN4958.JPG
    DSCN4958.JPG
    432.6 KB · Views: 149
  • DSCN5000.JPG
    DSCN5000.JPG
    923.7 KB · Views: 134
  • DSCN4982.JPG
    DSCN4982.JPG
    506.1 KB · Views: 132
  • DSCN4994.JPG
    DSCN4994.JPG
    849.1 KB · Views: 152
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)