Any info on the 322 replacement?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The only way it would make sense is DISH leaving the hard drive in place so at some point in the future DISH could reactivate it..
...and for the nine-day program guide, which still works even without DVR functionality. I am speaking from experience. Dish accidentally did this to my working ViP722k. Somehow, either they fixed the mistake, or I got the DVR functionality working again by re-setting the receiver. (short version. I posted the specific steps I took, in another thread.) I transferred all of the recordings to an external hard drive as soon as I could, and I just transferred them over to the internal hard drive of my Hopper Duo.

Reactions: TheKrell
Last week, before we told Dish we were moving to the Hopper, they told us they wanted to replace our 322 with a 222.

Last week, before we told Dish we were moving to the Hopper, they told us they wanted to replace our 322 with a 222.
As far as I know, Dish is no longer installing 222's, and existing subscribers with 222's would get one of the DVR-disabled 722's as a replacement if the old 222 dies. However, Dish may be calling the modified 722's "222's". I am not sure about that part.

Who remembers the 512.... the 625 turned into a single output receiver. Or the 311z was a 322 down converted to just one tv.
Remember?? I installed a bunch of them. 512 was the worst. After it downloaded, it would reboot while acquiring signal 3 times, then the program guide took forever. I was never happier when they pulled those of our vans.

And those 322/311's... you to use a separator even though it was an ex 322, because it still had both inputs and if you just used 1, I'd always have problems

Reactions: pattykay
Who remembers the 512.... the 625 turned into a single output receiver. Or the 311z was a 322 down converted to just one tv.
Remember them? I still have two of them! (deactivated) They are great for recording free preview channels in standard-def, plus they have PIP and a two-hour buffer!
512 was 522 turned single tuner, 311k was a 322 turned single tuner
Single output, not tuner. 512's are still dual-tuner.
Is it called a 222z? Lol.
How about a 229, since the hard drive still works for the 9-day program guide?

Reactions: TheKrell
The numbers all mean something. The first is the series, the second is the number of TVs served and the third is the number of tuners. The first Hopper is the XiP 813.
Yeah, but who calls it that? :wink
The numbers in my suggestion still have a meaning, though. 2 TV's served + 2 tuners + 9 day program guide, so 229 would work. If you have to have a first digit for the series, how about 1229? :biggrin

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)