Any Interest???

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Is that guy your friend or are you just him? Kinda crazy to put an actual link to ebay items....

Is that guy your friend or are you just him? Kinda crazy to put an actual link to ebay items....

Neither
If I find an item that might be of interest I usually list it.

posting ebay finds drives prices way up... and in a roundabout way drives people from stuff they may buy from sponsers unless it's the sponsers that are doing the ebays.

I don't know about you, but, looking at an ebay auction that someone posts a link to has rarely ever made me want to bid on an item. ( unless it was some silent film stuff, then,...........I could be interested) I "personally" don't see a problem with posting a link as long as it is something that might be of interest to the forum as a whole. And is consistant with what the forum's topics cover.
An HD FTA receiver should easily fall into that catagory. (and as far as I know, none of the sponsers currently sell HD FTA receivers)

grusome

Besides links for stuff for sale belong in the Classifieds area, anyplace else and its considered SPAM. (Not the yummy stuff that tastes good with Mac and Cheese) :D

An HD FTA receiver should easily fall into that catagory. (and as far as I know, none of the sponsers currently sell HD FTA receivers)
Maybe this thread should be a major Hint that they should start selling them! :)

(hope your listening Sadoun and others...)

I personnaly would not buy an MPEG2 FTA HDTV receiver at this time. Any new FTA HDTV channels will most likely be an MPEG4 format (due to cost and bandwidth requirements). Thus a receiver with only MPEG2 capability will not be of benifit.

I would wait and get an MPEG4 HDTV FTA receiver ;)

what the difference bewteen 4:2:0 and 4:2:2,,, and is the previous post about 4:2:2 to be raken that here in N.A. 4:2:0 is not used
ALSO,, PBSHD on AMC3 broadcast in MPEG2, would they change that to Mpeg4?

what the difference bewteen 4:2:0 and 4:2:2,,, and is the previous post about 4:2:2 to be raken that here in N.A. 4:2:0 is not used
ALSO,, PBSHD on AMC3 broadcast in MPEG2, would they change that to Mpeg4?

For 4:2:2 , double the amount of vertical color information is transmitted compared to 4:2:0.

It's not that 4:2:0 is not used, but there is a lot of 4:2:2 out there, in my experience more than 4:2:0.

I don't expect to see HD FTA receivers become commonplace anytime soon. Look at the stuff people buy today, most buy the cheapie receivers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.