Need Help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cdlandberg

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 27, 2006
I have a Coolsat 6000 receiver, a Stab HH90 rotor, FortecStar FC-90 dish and a Invacom Quad Polor 40mm horn LNB. My zip code is 55912. My latitude is 43.7 and my longitude is 93.0 W. I am using a dish elevation of 39. I am trying to lock in on IA6 93W with no success, but I do get the following in green:
77.0 Echostar 4, 82.0 W Nimiq 2, 91.0 W Nimiq 1,3 , 107.3 W Anik F1, 110.0 W Echostar 6,8 , 111.1 W Anik F2, 119.0 W Echostar 7, 121.0 W Echostar 9, 129.0 W Echostar 5 & 148.0 W Echostar 1,2. I do not get any channels or sound.
I sure would appreciate some detailed suggestions as I have been working on this for weeks! The pole is plumb. I am by-passing the switch and have it hooked up directly from the LNB to the motor. Tell me all the settings that I should be using too. Thank you.

Sounds to me like you have only hooked up the Circular output from your LNB, you need to hook up the linear side. But some sats you listed are linear last knew.

Edit:
Questions just came to mind.
are you getting green signal or green quality?
are you getting the signal on all those sats and not moving the dish?

Last edited:
yep, that sounds like the problem. Do you have the C and L on the invacom going in to a switch and the switch going in to the motor? If you don't have a switch, you should probably get one or else you'll have to settle for having only C or L but not both

To get IA6, you will need to have the QPH031 lnbf hooked to an L (for Linear) on the Invacom. As mentioned above, it appears that you are hooked to a C (for Circular) on the Invacom. Also, I think for your angles, the motor angle should be set to as close to 43.7 as you can guess on the pole. And, the Dish angle should be set to as close to 38.3 as you can guess. Hope this helps!

Al

To get IA6, you will need to have the QPH031 lnbf hooked to an L (for Linear) on the Invacom. As mentioned above, it appears that you are hooked to a C (for Circular) on the Invacom. Also, I think for your angles, the motor angle should be set to as close to 43.7 as you can guess on the pole. And, the Dish angle should be set to as close to 38.3 as you can guess. Hope this helps!

Al

Thanks - you were right - I was hooked to C only. I hooked up both wires to the switch. Now I can get IA6 in the green using a frequency of 12,175 with a level of 76 and a quality of 68, but I still get no channels or sound. What else do you suggest? Thanks again. Dick

try fine tuning it since you got levels green to work with my coolsat 5k doesn't like SQ below 66 or it has no picture. nudge it east or west a bit or up or down. sounds like its close....

try fine tuning it since you got levels green to work with my coolsat 5k doesn't like SQ below 66 or it has no picture. nudge it east or west a bit or up or down. sounds like its close....

Thanks for the encouragement! I will try what you suggested tomorrow if it isn't raining too hard. Dick

Do you have the L.O. frequency set correctly. Go into Menu, Installation, Antenna Setup, and on the Satellite you are on, press OK, highlight LNB type (should be at the top) and make sure it's set on Standard, then highlight LNB Local-Freq. (should be 2nd one down) and make sure it's set at 10750 for a Linear Satellite or 11250 for a Circular Satellite. Hope this helps!

Al

Last edited:
If its any help on IA6 I am getting the following tp,s and locked signal strengths. I am in SE Michigan. I am using a standard linear lnb.

11865---------------80
11877---------------80
11964---------------80
12078---------------85

Yes, I think you are right. I will try fine tuning it on the pole as soon as the weather gets better.

Do you have the L.O. frequency set correctly. Go into Menu, Installation, Antenna Setup, and on the Satellite you are on, press OK, highlight LNB type (should be at the top) and make sure it's set on Standard, then highlight LNB Local-Freq. (should be 2nd one down) and make sure it's set at 10750 for a Linear Satellite or 11250 for a Circular Satellite. Hope this helps!

Al

Thanks for the info. I did as you suggested, but no luck. I do believe that I need to do some fine tuning on the pole yet.

If its any help on IA6 I am getting the following tp,s and locked signal strengths. I am in SE Michigan. I am using a standard linear lnb.

11865---------------80
11877---------------80
11964---------------80
12078---------------85

Thanks for the info. Now I know what I can expect to get. No luck yet - going to do some more fine tuning on the pole.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)