Any La. Voomers With Ota Mapping Problems?

kirkdj

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 15, 2004
La. Voomers St. Tammany Parish

I live in Mandeville, La. 70448.....can't get channel 8.1 WVUEDT.....anyone else in the area with same problem?

Yes Please

I wanted to keep it awhile....just to see if I'm only Voomer in La.
with this problem.

Thanks for the address, I emailed Wilt.......would you explain what this co. zap2it has to with Voom? Do they handle programming mistakes and mapping problems for Voom?

kirkdj said:
I wanted to keep it awhile....just to see if I'm only Voomer in La.
with this problem.

Thanks for the address, I emailed Wilt.......would you explain what this co. zap2it has to with Voom? Do they handle programming mistakes and mapping problems for Voom?

zap2it does the PG information that you see in your PG or in their website www.zap2it.com. Lots of times the information in the guide is incorrect. So you tune to the channel expecting an event and another is playing. This happens a lot on WorldSport HD, Rush and Epics.

i get three locals others show guide no picture

I have a channel master antenna stealth and also another larger antenna installed by expert when i did my dish install. I get all the channels on the pg, but i am missing Kabc Hd, and KNbc Hd pysically. I am in Santa Monica area behind a ridge with trees. Am i screwed . I get good reception for voom itself, but over the air channels other story

Louisiana Voomer

Although I dont live in Mandeville, I live in Livingston which is about 25 miles east of Baton Rouge. I dont get any of the locals. Get this- My installer's employer said that none of the networks are broadcast in HD and I basicly told her she was crazy seeing as how I had personally contacted a couple of the stations to see what kind of antenna I needed it. I'm getting themn now but not in HD.

I have 2 channels mapped, but I dont get any OTA. I cant install any type of television antennas here on government property with out cutting miles of red tape. I am already pushing my luck with the stealth. I just decided to keep cable and voom hoping voom will get me locals (satellite) so I can dump cable. On the bright side I will only be here another 3 years..haha

Ok Voomers in the Baton Rouge area. Check your local channels. I am now suddenly showing 44-1 WGMB available without having done a new scan for locals. This tells me that Voom updated the mapping on their end to reflect that WGMB is now broadcasting in digital OTA. But, it tells me no signal recevied. Check your listings and see if you can get the 44-1 channel and let me know where you are in relation to the Greater BR area, I am in .. well lets call it Zachary.

augurr

Voomers in St. Tammany

I'm in Slidell. Seriously interested in what Voomers in the parish think about the service thus far, as I'm seriously considering signing up. As for the Voom antenna etc., I already receive HD channels just fine with my rooftop Channel Master and have no intention of changing that situation.

Mandeville

I'm in Mandeville, and I got the biggest antenna radioshack had and still had to get a big 30bd booster....but now I get good HD signals on all the locals....Voom channels all come in good too.

:D

From the Lafayette area I get ABC on DT13 on many installations so I imagine Baton Rouge area would get at least that depending trees and/or buildings in an area. As for 44, they just turned it up, so it's probly not at full power yet.

Vooming in Baton Rouge

Currently able to receive OTA in BR (live off of Bluebonnet):
2-1 WBRZD1 - ABC HD
2-2 WBRZD2 - WBRZ WEATHER
9-1 WAFBD1 - CBS HD
9-2 Cable-9 - Cox Cable Channel 9 (I can't believe I'm able to catch this OTA)
9-3 WAFB-WX - WAFB WEATHER
33-1 WVLAD1 - NBC HD
44-1 WGMBD1 - FOX HD

I was able to catch all PBS channels before the 7.33 update in the last couple of weeks, but have not been able to catch them since (I also had problems with all WAFB channels until yesterday). I'm not sure if the problem with PBS is a broadcast issue, but until now it was always one of the channels that came in the strongest.

PBS Channels that are listed, but no longer able to catch lately:
27-1 WLPBD1 - Non HD PBS
27-2 WLPBD2 - Non HD PBS
27-3 WLPBD3 - PBS HD
27-5 WLPBD5 - Non HD pbs

One night I was even able to catch 26-1 WGNO-DT (New Orleans)... I think the weather was bad and the signal was strong that night (I just did a OTA scan by chance) I haven't been able to catch the channel again since.

Anyone else in Baton Rouge having problems with PBS?

I'm going to miss Voom when it's gone... (I've been recording a lot of the Rave Soundstage stuff onto DVD, wanting to have something to watch once Voom is gone).

Rave & Equator are the channels I'm going to miss the most...

Hi I Live in LAPLACE 70068 I get the following stations From New orleans..

4-1 WWLD1
6-1 WDSU1
8-1 WUED1
12-1 WYES PBS HD
26-1 WGNOD1
38-1 WNOLD1
49-1 WPXLD1
49-2 WPXLD2
49-3 WPXLD3
49-3 WPXLD4
54-1 WUPLD1

Who else has VOOM in the laplace New orleans Area Pls let me know.......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)