Any luck going back to turbo after upgrading?

lunamama

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 9, 2009
NorCal
Just wondering if this is possible. I upgraded last week and really regret it. The SD channels look awful on my TV and there are just too many channels. How should I go about getting my turbo back? Can I?

Just wondering if this is possible. I upgraded last week and really regret it. The SD channels look awful on my TV and there are just too many channels. How should I go about getting my turbo back? Can I?

Just call. It's still available (or was). You cannot change back to Absolute HD once you leave it. Turbo will likely be that way come February if the rumors are correct.

OK, I just called. All went fine and I switched back. TurboHD is still available. I am so relieved, its a great package for our family.

Did you receive any additional channels (ei. Universal, or any of the previous Platinum HD channels) that were not part of your Turbo HD package when u switched back?

Nope. When I upgraded, the platinum channels were there. When I downgraded(back to turbo), they were gone.

No, NBA TV or Fox news on TurboHD Silver packages. Comedy Central, Food Network and Discovery are part of the programming.

The above list is accurate. The only way to get FoxNews, FX, MSNBC, MTV, VH1, Nick and the platinum channels(there may be more) is to subscribe to the classic package plus HD.

thought so. No Fox News and no Nick are the deal breakers.

We have:
Classic Bronze 100 w/ locals + Hd & Platinum. Total bill= $59.59

I don't think there would be that much of a savings to lose those channels.

Everyone hass their own channel preferences. We are lucky to be satisfied with turbo silver. I also get quite a few discounts from dish right now that makes this package very affordable for us. We only pay about 35 dollars.

going from turbo HD silver to classic silver 200 with HD, only costs 3 dollars per month more the first year, and adds fox news, FX, speed, MTV, VHI, all the platinum channels, all the sirius channels, and a few others I forgot about.

Well worth the money for me. Have to decide if it's worth it for you. After 12 months, it is more money, but by then, they will have changed the packages anyways, so I'll worry about that in 12 months.

Is there some kind of 12 month discount to move to classic silver+HD? When I upgraded, it was at regular price making it about $20 more than what I was paying before.

Turbo hd price vs. classic silver price.

going from turbo HD silver to classic silver 200 with HD, only costs 3 dollars per month more the first year, and adds fox news, FX, speed, MTV, VHI, all the platinum channels, all the sirius channels, and a few others I forgot about.

Well worth the money for me. Have to decide if it's worth it for you. After 12 months, it is more money, but by then, they will have changed the packages anyways, so I'll worry about that in 12 months.

I'm confused as to how you figured only $3 more per month to go to classic silver with the hd add on,i guess i'm probably not figuring that you may have the promotion for that package,as for me i know my bill would go up around $20 dollars more per month even if the old platinum package was still around and i added it i would still be paying less than i would if i switched to the new classic silver package with hd add on,true with the classic silver you will get more channels than the turbo silver but almost half of those that your paying for you may never watch,i've been trying to figure a way to switch to the classic silver but no matter how i do it i will be paying more unless i would drop say 2 premiums.:confused:

I just returned to Turbo HD Gold today and can confirm the following pricing:

Turbo HD Gold $49.99 per month
Turbo HD Gold with DVR and locals $59.99 per month

I assume Turbo HD Bronze remains $29.99 and Silver 39.99.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts