This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Any Metro Detroit Subs here?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DetFan

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 27, 2006
Livonia, Michigan
Getting snow? If so is it screwing with your Signal right now? I have never had this happen but it seems that maybe the snow is sticking to the dish. I have no signal.
The only downfall to having a Dish..Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!

I had to brush some ice off the dish this morning fortunately I can reach the dish with a ladder

Same here, little bit of snow, but the issue isn't how much as the fact that it's a HEAVY WET snow.

Detfan, you got kids?

Get thier Super Soaker out, fill it with Hot water and blast away !

i'm in monroe and i was having trouble on some channels this morning, getting the searching for signals message, but all are working now

sadly the heavy wet snow or even ice kills a signal. Last year here in Minneapolis we had "concrete snow" and the signal was out for 5 hours until I got the dish cleaned (well the LNB more than the dish)

Nice pic, looks like if I ever meet Jimbo in person

I too had to brush the dish off the morning, had a solid zero on every satellite. I have mine mounted on the side of the house about 8' off the ground, easily reachable with a snowbrush.

I've always had my dish farm on the side of the house or mounted to the side of the deck so I could work on them. During the winter, I would occasionally clean them off with a bucket of warm water when they iced-over. I would only mount a dish on the roof as a last resort...and would be more apt to take down a tree or two.

jcrandall said:
Nice pic, looks like if I ever meet Jimbo in person

I too had to brush the dish off the morning, had a solid zero on every satellite. I have mine mounted on the side of the house about 8' off the ground, easily reachable with a snowbrush.

I too had zeros on the HD sats, but still had acceptable signal on the 101, so as a worst case scenario I could have watched SD.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

Status
Please reply by conversation.