Any Metro Detroit Subs here?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

DetFan

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 27, 2006
Livonia, Michigan
Getting snow? If so is it screwing with your Signal right now? I have never had this happen but it seems that maybe the snow is sticking to the dish. I have no signal.
The only downfall to having a Dish..Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!

I had to brush some ice off the dish this morning fortunately I can reach the dish with a ladder

Same here, little bit of snow, but the issue isn't how much as the fact that it's a HEAVY WET snow.

Detfan, you got kids?

Get thier Super Soaker out, fill it with Hot water and blast away !

i'm in monroe and i was having trouble on some channels this morning, getting the searching for signals message, but all are working now

sadly the heavy wet snow or even ice kills a signal. Last year here in Minneapolis we had "concrete snow" and the signal was out for 5 hours until I got the dish cleaned (well the LNB more than the dish)

Of course, it's warmed up and the snow has melted ....

Fwiw, I'm about 30 minutes from you at most.

In the wrong direction:p

Michigan-1.jpg

Nice pic, looks like if I ever meet Jimbo in person ;)

I too had to brush the dish off the morning, had a solid zero on every satellite. I have mine mounted on the side of the house about 8' off the ground, easily reachable with a snowbrush.

I've always had my dish farm on the side of the house or mounted to the side of the deck so I could work on them. During the winter, I would occasionally clean them off with a bucket of warm water when they iced-over. I would only mount a dish on the roof as a last resort...and would be more apt to take down a tree or two.

jcrandall said:
Nice pic, looks like if I ever meet Jimbo in person ;)

I too had to brush the dish off the morning, had a solid zero on every satellite. I have mine mounted on the side of the house about 8' off the ground, easily reachable with a snowbrush.

I too had zeros on the HD sats, but still had acceptable signal on the 101, so as a worst case scenario I could have watched SD.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts