Any Milwaukee/SE-WI user requesting DNS for CBS (58/5)?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

nathanziarek

Original poster
Dec 27, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
I'm really close to signing up for D*, but noticed that my CBS affiliate isn't provided in HD. I live directly across from an airport, and have never been able to get an antenna to work due to multipath (or so I'm told).

I'm a pretty big college basketball fan, so getting CBS would be a big deal as we move into conference play. DirecTV says that DNS is available for CBS, but as I remember from a few years back, I was denied for the SD version.

Has anyone been successful in getting the HD version through DNS in Milwaukee?

Sorry, Not a chance.

Local Affiliate WDJT-58 will NOT approve ANY waivers.

They have been in negotiations with D* for the past several years over money. It doesn't seem like a resolution is coming anytime soon.

The feed is on the bird but has not been "turned on" in the market pending a carriage agreement.

Check out this website Milwaukee HDTV - The Milwaukee area HDTV Users Group

Quite a bit of Milwaukee OTA, TWC, D*,E*, Uverse etc information you may find useful.

Quite a few members from that site are active here also including myself.

Like Talos said, there is no chance it will get approved. Some of us have tried for years with zero success. The feed is ON the bird and with some tricks you can access the HD version of CBS for popular/national events with certain pieces of D* equipment but for everyday use its not available. Thank goodness for Chicago :)

Have you tried an outdoor antenna?

Thank goodness for Chicago :)

I'm missing something there, aren't I?

I tried all manner of antenna -- but that was maybe a year ago, so perhaps the tuners have gotten better at dealing with multipath. Truth is, I don't want another big thing on top of my house, though, so that might end up being the killer for D*. I just don't want to stick with TW/TiVo any longer. CableCard is a bust if you ask me.

Maybe now that CBS is losing market share, we'll see some movement. I know. Not likely. :)

Thanks for the feedback. I'll check out MilwaukeHDTV.org!

nz

Status
Please reply by conversation.

UltimateTV resources

Can you have one account for 3 separate buildings

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts