This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Any new Hd Channels due out?

WdStock45

Original poster
Mar 23, 2006
Does anyone know if any new channels are set to air in HD?
I would like to see HD Net, SmithsonianHD(SMTHHD),SpeedHD,VSHD & the NHLHD offered in the HD package. Also does anyone know if the NASCAR package is broadcast in HD?
I guess I was spoiled when I had DTV, but now I had no choice but to go with comcast because of all the trees surrounding the new house and no clear line of sight to the satellites for HD.
One thing I can say good about Comcast is the picture being sent in Hd is of a much much higher quality. Now if only there were more Hd channels that would make my day.

March 4th for Comcast Seattle

Hello!

Just found out yesterday that we're getting the following channels on March 4th

Scifi HD
Discovery HD
Animal Planet HD
TLC HD
Food Net HD
Home & Garden HD

I was told that we're getting possibly 2 more on March 29th but not sure what. I asked if they were possbly CNN HD and The Weather Channel HD, the REP said they weren't sure but that was probably them. YEAH!!!!! MORE HD SOON!!!!!:

Eric

We have all of those except TLC and Weather already on in HD here.

Where are you loacated?

Hey Meathead!

Where are you located and what channels have they give you so far? Curious what you have.

Thxs!

Eric

On Saturday 2/9, all HD was out at 1am in Boston

I called, they said they were changing out all the equipment in the Natick/Boston area to MPG4 encoders to add ALOT of HD.

This was from a tech rep, not a CSR.

Today, we got CSSNEHD - comcast sports New England HD

So lets hope we get a few more. I'd love SCIFI-HD!!!!!

Hey Meathead!

Where are you located and what channels have they give you so far? Curious what you have.

Thxs!

Eric

Atlanta area...

WSB-DT (ABC)
WAGA-DT (FOX)
WXIA-DT (NBC)
TBS HD
WGTV-DT (PBS)
WGCL-DT (CBS)
WUPA-DT (CW)
WATL-DT (MyNetwork TV)
A&E HD
National Geographic HD
TNT HD
Discovery HD Theater
ESPN HD
ESPN2 HD
Golf/VS HD
Music HD (MTV HD)
Universal HD
MOJO
HGTV-HD
FOOD-HD
CNN-HD
Animal Planet HD
Discovery HD
History HD
FSN HD
USA HD
SciFi HD

Premiums:
HBO HD
Cinemax HD
Starz HD
Showtime HD

And that list explains why you are happier with your service than many of us. Here in Rockford, we just got switched from Insight. We have about 1/2 the HD offerings you do.

According to various press releases Comcast is getting ESPNews HD, Weather Channel HD, Hallmark Movie Channel HD, and RFD HD.

For example:

The Weather Channel Nears Completion of HD Facility, Moves Toward All Native HD in 2008

Hey Meathead!

Morning!

Thxs for the lineup! We're a little behind but after the Mar. 4th we'll be pretty close. Also was told we maybe are getting 2 more on Mar. 29th. Here's my lineup!

KOMO 4 ABC HD
KING 5 NBC HD
KONG 16 IND HD
KIRO 7 CBS HD
KCTS 9 PBS HD
KSTW 11 CW HD
KCPQ 13 FOX HD
KMYQ 22 MyNetork TV HD
ESPN HD
ESPN2 HD
NFL HD
Universal HD
MTV HD
TNT HD
HD Theater HD
MOJO (Select FSNW events) HD
Versus|Golf HD
A&E HD
History Channel HD
USA HD
NAT GEO HD
StarZ HD
HBO HD
Cinemax HD
Showtime HD

Coming on March 4th
Scifi HD
Animal Planet HD
TLC HD
Discovery HD
Home & Garden HD
Food Net HD

March 29th

2 more!!! ???

Thxs again!

Eric

Interesting, pre March 4th your lineup is very similar to mine, with the exception of USA HD. Wonder if they will doing a few more markets around March. Time to hit up the chat and see if the reps have any clues. Been meaning to do it for a while.

Here in Oro Valley,AZ

KUAT PBS HD
KWBA CW HD
KMSB FOX HD
KOLD CBS HD
KVOA NBC HD
KGUN ABC HD
TBS HD
A&E HD
National Geographic HD
TNT HD
Discovery HD Theater
ESPN HD
ESPN2 HD
Golf/VS HD
Music HD (MTV HD)
Universal HD
MOJO
HGTV-HD
FOOD-HD
CNN-HD
Animal Planet HD
Discovery HD
History HD
FSN HD
USA HD
SciFi HD
AMC HD
NFL HD

HBO HD
MAX HD
SHO HD
S HD

Just wanted to point out that Music HD (aka MHD) is different than MTV HD. MHD contains programming from MTV, VH1 and CMT and is a 24/7 HD network.

I'm just pointing this out because MTV HD and VH1 HD do exist now and show the exact same programming as their SD counterparts. Either way it seems like Comcast is putting together a very nice quality HD lineup. The sooner Comcast buys out Bright House Tampa and Central Florida markets the better IMO.:up

I am in Seattle and can ditto the decent lineup. Iam curious about the additional additions the end of March. Anyone know anything more about it.

Additional New HD's coming soon to Seattle Area!

Morning!

Just got a flyer from Comcast yesterday. Along with these coming on March 4th.......

Animal Planet HD
Discovery Channel HD
TLC HD
Home & Garden HD
Food NET HD
Scifi HD

We're getting these channels too.... Flyer says coming soon!

Disney Channel HD
ABC Family HD

Didn't know Comcast had work deals with these channels yet. I know about CNN HD and Weather Channel HD. We'll I quess everyone else can look forward to the possible additions of these channels in the future too!:

Thxs!

Eric

Nice.. we haven't seen anything new here in Atlanta since December. Comcast has been good about adding stuff roughly every quarter. I hope they don't let 1q08 go by without new HD adds.

The following would be new here if we get them roughly the same time as you:

ABC Family HD
Disney HD
TLC HD

Unfortunately Comcast of Atlanta isn't good about communicating upcoming channel additions. They usually make the announcements well after it's already been done.

same here!

Comcast Seattle is usually the same in not telling you about new channels until about 2 to 3 weeks later. They didn't advertise Univeral HD or MHD until 2 weeks later and the same for TNT HD. I think they are getting more agressive with the advertising to keep people from leaving to D*! Only a theory on my part, as the last addition and these 2 upcoming ones, they've let us know well in advance!

Thxs!

Eric