Any New Non-HD channels coming soon?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

WayneG

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Lexington, KY
It will be a year or two before I get an HD-TV and while I'm glad Dish is getting their act together for those subscribers, I was wondering if anything is coming down the pipe for the rest of us. I'm interested in getting Good Life TV and Trio and I know a lot of people are also interested in Oxygen. Any word if Dish is planning to add them anytime soon?

I want the rest of the channels Premium movie suites like HBO Zone. I also want Trio, Fine Living CSTV.

A question regarding Oxygen was asked on the Charlie Chat and the VP of Programming stated that they are still in talks with them. His comment made it seem that it would be some time before they can get a good deal worked out.

I hope they are in talks with Good Life TV. I think it would be a great add to the Top50 and bring more value to all of the packages.

Doubt it

The following is just my speculation.

Dish is going strictly bottom-line, adding channels only when doing so will increase its profits. New locals, new HD add-on package, new international channels, they all make money. Adding a new channel to an existing tier loses money.

Unless forced to add a channel (SoapNet) because of negotiations on renewals of popular channels (ESPN), Dish won't add anything until around January, when it raises the AT100 and AT150 rates. Then Dish will throw us a bone with a new channel or two in each tier.

The preceding was a wild guess. Thank you.