Any New Plasma TV's work well with Dish Remotes

I had an issue lately. Got a new 722 (already had a 622) that I originally intended to hook up to a new Samsung Plasma. It worked with it just fine, did all I wanted it to do. However, I have it hooked up to a basic Sherwood stereo receiver. None of the codes worked with it. Tried the 622 remote. Would turn on/off the Plasma but that's all. (the code that was in the 722 manual would not input into the 622 remote) BUT, it worked perfectely with the Sherwood. So now, I have the new remote that came with the 722 working the 622 and vice versa. Weird.

I had my dish network remote control programmed to my panasonic HD Plasma. It worked great for 9 months. Then one day my Dish remote died, they sent me a new one and now it will not program to my TV. Dish network service couldn't get it to work either. I can use my Panasonic remote, But I have DVR and d I can't operate a lot of those functions with the Panasonic remote. I sure hope I can get this solved soon. I may ask for another Dish remote.
what model sat receiver do you have? I have remotes.

My Zenith 50" Plasma works fine with it. My older Vizio 46" does not.

I have a Samsung LCD HDTV and I have a problem with the E* remote volume button: I have to pump it in order to raise or lower the sound; this is a little annoying. :mad:

The Dish Tech who installed my Dish last March said this was an on going problem with the Samsung sets he connects for E*. All other remote functions work just fine.

Do any of you experience this same problem? Thanks.

I've got a Samsung CRT and I found that one of the codes does do this, but a different one works correctly. I don't remember the one that works better, but I'd try all of the ones listed for Samsung and see.

I've got a Samsung CRT and I found that one of the codes does do this, but a different one works correctly. I don't remember the one that works better, but I'd try all of the ones listed for Samsung and see.
yes this is also true with Apex tv's .The volume control is "incremental".

Thanks, I will give that a try. Makes sense. :up

Don't buy a TV based on whether or not the Dish remote works with it. Not to be mean, but it's one of the silliest things I've ever heard.

There is often one family member that is committed to a particular remote---and the DISh remote in theory can control the TV not the other way around. but if it is not important to you don't consider it.

Don't buy a TV based on whether or not the Dish remote works with it. Not to be mean, but it's one of the silliest things I've ever heard.

Maybe it's silly to you, but it's not silly to me or the original poster. It is a little extreme for me, but not inconceivable. Here's a better idea: use the functionality of the remote to decide between two TVs. If you see three TVs that you like, two of them work with the Dish remote and one doesn't, drop the third from the list. If the remote controls more functionality on one TV than another, and all other features and functionality are acceptable, buy the most compatible TV.

Not so silly. I have a new Samsung TV that the 622 remote will only turn on/off. But my new 722 will control volume, inputs, etc, thank goodness.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)