Any new SD or SV locals in 2006?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mikedz4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 15, 2004
Has or when will DirecTV announce the new SD or SV locals for 2006? Are there going to be any SD or SV locals launched in 2006?

The only thing looking like SD locals would be Alaska and Hawaii. After that, only HD locals.

As for SV I've not read anything recent. There was a plan for releasing SV last November, but that didn't happen.

Cheers,
Tom

if directv isn't going to launch anymore sd locals then why did they sign agreements with my local affiliates last summer to provide them to local subs? I just wist I could get local channels via satellite and sv locals as well .

Last edited:
mikedz4 said:
if directv isn't going to launch anymore sd locals then why did they sign agreements with my local affiliates last summer to provide them to local subs? I just wist I could get local channels via satellite and sv locals as well .
Wow. Maybe they haven't completely stopped local SD. For your sake, I hope they negotiated both SD and HD carriage.

Out of curiosity, what DMA are you in?

Cheers,
Tom

wheeling,wv/steubenville,oh dma. I know both wtov9 (nbc affiliate) and wtrf 7(cbs affiliate) told me that they signed agreements with DirecTV to put their signals on the satellite system last summer.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts