Any news on 722S(ling)?

It may have been. But, since most of the info I could find on this thing was from May, I thought there may have been some updated rumors out there.

I don't think I wanna wait until "late next year" for SlingCatcher capability. So, I may have to buy a standalone unit when they are released next month.

I have been shown a few screenshots of it (the S) and this is going to be one HOT receiver. I do believe they will be showing a working prototype at CES this year. Then we will be able to show you what it looks like as well. :)

Its the swiss army knife of Satellite Receivers. :D :D

It just means that I have to trudge along with Comcast until then. I'm not going to switch before then, as these things will probably only be offered to new subs when they are first released.

If you have any screenshots to post, I'd love to see. I remember you posted something back in May. But, I don't remember if screenshots were included.

I have been shown a few screenshots of it (the S) and this is going to be one HOT receiver. I do believe they will be showing a working prototype at CES this year. Then we will be able to show you what it looks like as well. :)

Its the swiss army knife of Satellite Receivers. :D :D

Scott, I have never got this nailed down when I ask ,but I will ask again. Will the new 722 Sling have the same ota dual tuner add on ,so you can record 2 sat & 2 ota at the same time like the 722K will? Based on this information is whether I will want the 722K vs the 722S.

I wonder how long this receiver will get delayed until? Probably sometime in 2010 or perhaps be vaporware like some of the other receivers of the past that never got released.

I would never buy anymore receivers unless they are very cheap because they will eventually want to swap it for a leased receiver and the money is down the tubes. I guess by the time they release this receiver one year will have passed in which I will be allowed to upgrade a receiver to it.

No trust me, they are working hard on this one, we will see it at CES. :)

Ok, CES is over right? Did they show it?

Also say I upgrade to the 722 in two weeks, when the 722s comes out next year will it only be availible to new subscribers or how will I get it and for how much? Will signing a contract in two weeks prevent me from getting it next year?

COOL,
I wants to upgrade the one 211HDBOX in my bedroom ,to vip722,the way looks like about the new box next year,then i just gonna wait a year from now to upgrade to that 722slingbox, Because u can upgarde once every 16 months,thats what i been told in customer service!!just only wish they make the box u can watch both TV 1 & 2 in HD ,insted 1SD AND 1HD thats kinda SUX these days people have more then one HDTVS!!like me i have 3 TVS & all HDS!! So i have to get one 722 and two 211boxs!!

Dish cannot get this product out soon enough. With the explosion of HDTVs out there, being able to have 2 HDTVs driven off of one box will be a big seller. Especially if all the installer has to do is run an ethernet cable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)