Any news on ATSC 3.0 receiver from CES in LV, NV?

That demo was all I could find (for now, anyways). I'll be on the lookout for more videos. I, too, am interested to see what all ATSC 3.0/Next Gen TV can do...
Not a darn thing for anyone not OTA. ATSC 3 is a complete suite of standards (about 20), not just one, and the FCC is allowing every broadcaster to pick and choose which of those standards it wants to employ. Now imagine a retransmitter trying to handle a different combination of standards for every local it carries and incorporate that into a single box that can handle all the variants. That's why the cable industry has been pushing back so hard on implementation. This isn't the easy-peasy transition some would like you to believe. All the hype is about the picture while veiled allusions are made to "other capabilities" that no one wants to really address. Will the FCC eventually require cable companies to handle all the standards or will the cable companies simply say "We're going to implement the picture standard but ignore the rest."? Will the FCC force the issue and if they do will cable companies, already being pinched, simply throw in the towel?

Reactions: navychop
LG Has 3 series of tv models that have ATSC 3.0 tuners that are out of my budget. Models GX series, WX series and ZX series. Sony has models X 900H that I could afford. The email address that I found the info about the sony tv is valueelectronics.com. I think I might think about buying a 75 inch model. Prices 85 inch 3499.99, 75 inch $2199.99, 65 inch 1399.00 and 55 inch $999.99.

LG Has 3 series of tv models that have ATSC 3.0 tuners that are out of my budget. Models GX series, WX series and ZX series. Sony has models X 900H that I could afford. The email address that I found the info about the sony tv is valueelectronics.com. I think I might think about buying a 75 inch model. Prices 85 inch 3499.99, 75 inch $2199.99, 65 inch 1399.00 and 55 inch $999.99.

Don't be in any hurry to buy just yet. The ATSC 3.0 tuners for the USA aren't even ready yet. The ones for South Korea will NOT work here.

Yes I know that the sony tv isn,t released yet but is supposed to be released some time in May according to the website that I posted. I got the tv fever urge to get a new tv as the one I have now started having volume up and down problems around Christmas time. I never did find why it had that problem but It cleared up after my son in law went home. I have an orby satellite with my ota channels scaned in. So I suspected 3 problems it could be. #1 The orby satellite. tv failing or interference from lap top that steve was using. Also he had his phone charger by my am radio and it would not play. Put the charger on the floor and the radio would play. Why I think it could have been interference from the lap top. Next star put up a new transmitter in Youngstown ohio last year and did the 3.0 testing. They said the transmitter is a lot stronger than the okd one but Now I get a weaker signal than before.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts