Any of you have a PS3?

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
Ive decided to sell my Sammy and buy a PS3 60 gig.

I really like the idea that most of the PS3 video is software based and they plan to keep making it better via firmware

I also like the browser idea, wireless and I can get back into gaming in my free time. I skipped the PS2/Xbox generation.

Mainly wondering if there are any accessories you guys would recommend.

Definately get the remote, you'll need it. It's not the best (not backlit, poor key feel), but its much better than using a standard controller.

Other than that, not much you need. I have the old 20GB version, and it works fine as a BR player.

-John

Definately get the remote, you'll need it. It's not the best (not backlit, poor key feel), but its much better than using a standard controller.

Other than that, not much you need. I have the old 20GB version, and it works fine as a BR player.

-John

Thanks. I still cant get over the ps3 has built in wifi and the BR Players arent coming with it yet, makes no sense.

I have read(if you ever need to) that upgrading the drive size in a PS3 is very easy.

I have the 60gig and the Built in WiFi is rediculous! It found my network and streams all my MP3's, Pictures and Vids!!!! The demo's from the Playstation Store is amazing also! Blu-Ray is excellent and GamePlay is also awesome. I've played both the Ps1 and Ps2 but this is the first Playstation I owned and Im very impressed. I don't understand why people are complainig about the price when most paid the same for a crappy iPhone!!

I personnaly have found no good reason to get the remote. I have had no issues navigating and using the Blu-Ray movies using the controller. If I am missing something here will someone enlighten me?

I personnaly have found no good reason to get the remote. I have had no issues navigating and using the Blu-Ray movies using the controller. If I am missing something here will someone enlighten me?

Ive seen a diagram of how the controller works. I think Ill prob end up needing the remote for my wife, she's gonna be pissed looking at this controller as a remote hehe.

Any of you guys with a 720p tv? Just wondering if the player should be set to 720p or 1080i. I had my Sammy on 1080i because guys at avs claimed it did not do 720p very well.

When I use the controller, and I'm done and place it back on the table, it always fast forwards the movie. It's pretty much unusable for me.

(The two triggers are rewind and fast forward. Just try to set that controller down without hitting either of those buttons!)

-John

Any of you guys with a 720p tv? Just wondering if the player should be set to 720p or 1080i. I had my Sammy on 1080i because guys at avs claimed it did not do 720p very well.

Based on some reports, you should set to 1080i. Reports have Video dropping to 480P for BD rather than 720P. This might have been incorrect or before some of the updates.

If your using it for the web alot, you may want to pick up one of the Logitech keyboard/touchpad combos...

i have ps3 but my tv's only d0 720p and 1080i
none of my tvs have 1080p

but i brought it to a budy house and we watched br talladega nights, it looked great

i use ps3 mostly for folding and mlb the show 07

If your using it for the web alot, you may want to pick up one of the Logitech keyboard/touchpad combos...

I wont get that crazy, just thought it was pretty cool and darn easy.

Does anyone know how to play mp3's off your home pc? can it do this? My pc is on the wireless network but Im not too sure after that.

:)

I really like the idea that most of the PS3 video is software based and they plan to keep making it better via firmware

I also like the browser idea, wireless and I can get back into gaming in my free time. I skipped the PS2/Xbox generation.

Your timing on the PS3 60 gig is good! They just announced a nice price drop on the 60 gig which will be discontinued soon and replaced with the new 80gig PS3. :)

I bought a PS3 60GB back in early February for its BD player. I loved it so much that I replaced the Sony GWIV LCD with a brand-new Mits Diamond DLP (1080p). In fact, until I got the PS3 I haven't played a PC game (or ever owned a game console for that matter) in more than 6 years. Anyway, I picked up a 2nd PS3 in March and it, along with the Sony GWIV, are used to play games down in the HT Room.

I think I'll hold off on a PS3/BD Player for the bedroom until the price falls to the $200 price point.

Well, setup twonky media server so I can stream music and pics off my desktop to the PS3. Ive barely turned this thing off since I got it.

For those people that love universal remotes like Harmony, check out the Nyko Bluwave remote. it is a IR remote with a USB to IR dongle (looks like a USB stick). I don't use the remote itself. I just learned the codes into my Harmony and leave the USB to IR stick in the PS3. Works great. So, you don't need the bluetooth remote after all.

Get the remote!!! If you decide to just watch a movie, the remote is awesome!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts