Any of you hear about Brute Force DCII signal Search?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ussexplroer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 17, 2007
I was looking around for a way to blind scan a dsr receiver. The closet thing I came to was something called brute force. You turn to a empty channel and see if you get a higher signal reading. This was when you had more of analog and digital was new from what I was reading. Then you hit some codes in the remote to read out information. Like is it H/V and what the frequency is. Then using a list select the satellite with a pre-programmed fequency in it.

suspose to be used to look for stray dcII signals.

Any ideas? Anybody try that?

Josh

You can manual tune any digicipher signal, options 6.7.7.8.1 The thing is it won't show up any picture even if it's there, and you get a lock. One of the things GI was going to get to work for us. Also when you tune with a 922 to a DC-2 locked channel with no picture it will scan all the SR FEC combo's out there looking for a picture. This sometimes works.

GI was very friendly with us and updates, then they sold out to Motorola. Motorola wanted to start charging for the guide. The bud users got a lawsuit against Motorola and won to keep the guide free. After that Motorola never wanted to do anything for us. Maybe the cheapskates should have payed for the guide, things could have been different. From what I know NPS pissed off Motorola too, had to do with money I believe. Now look at what happened because of that. As much of jerks Motorola is they held the cards, it was in our best interest to let them have their way.

The DSR-4500X will automatically search for the SR & FEC, once you tell it the TP (or IF) to search. But even after you have DC lock, there is still much to be done before you have picture. I'll probably do a tuning guide for the 4500X sometime down the road. Turns out, the 4500X is a pretty nice unit after you figure out how to give it what it wants.

I presume the question was in context to tuning ZK or FP.

Cheers

Yes. I figured it was zk or fp then we would get a picture. This DSR-4500x give you a picture? I was looking at one online after I get a big dish setup.

I like my Digitrans DTE-7150. Select the modulation type, frequency, SR, and polarity, and BAM... It finds the signal, loads the VCT info, and you're watchin' TV! :D:up

...This DSR-4500x give you a picture? I was looking at one online after I get a big dish setup.

Yes it does. In fact, it's a good one to get for several reasons... 1) It will get all the DCII modulations... 2) There is a pretty good supply constantly on the Flea... 3) Most people don't have a clue how to use them... 4) Because of reasons 2 & 3, they're fairly affordable.

You just have to be careful not to get one that is keyed to only one provider, like ESPN, NBC, or others. Those units won't be much good, even if they have a valid UID.

The Digitrans DTE-7150 & Motorola DSR-4800/4810 are more favored by many (reputation as being more user friendly). But the 4500X is fairly easy to use once you know how. I will say the 4500X requires a lot of button pushing. So does easy mean "knowing what to do", or "shorter button sequences"?

The 4500X will automatically find the SR, FEC, and Mode for you. You just have to tell it what TP (or IF) that you want it to search. But that's just step 1. From there you have to follow the VCT info to the channel you want. I'll have a guide that explains that process in detail in the coming weeks.

As your note pad gets full of channel params, tuning gets easier & easier. But off the start, the 4500X is definitely for guys with patience, lol.

Cheers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)