any other problems with dish right now

nmfiredawg

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 28, 2007
We have been watching on 110 and keep gettin the screen showing aquiring signal and have to hit menu to get back a picture.

Any one else having problems or do you think my lnb is going out.

sorry it is on the 622. Seems like only HD channels so far. Encore on 110, and Hist on 110

There is a known bug with the HD receivers, if you have an weak OTA channel tuned in on the OTA tuner it will cause you to get the aquiring satellite screen. You just need to make sure you tune to a strong OTA channel before watching a sat channel or recording.

/so you are saying that a OTA weak signal can cause a problem on the 110 bird? Haven't been on OTA all day but not to say one of the OTA signals is not weak.

The first clue that it probably is caused by OTA is you said as soon as you goto menu the picture returns. So thry picking a different OTA channel then go back to what ever you are trying to watch.

There is a known bug with the HD receivers, if you have an weak OTA channel tuned in on the OTA tuner it will cause you to get the aquiring satellite screen. You just need to make sure you tune to a strong OTA channel before watching a sat channel or recording.

Yup, I've had the same problem. Remember that on a 622 all 3 tuners are still 'tuning' regardless of what you are watching or recording. So if the OTA loses signal something triggers in the 622 that gives you that screen. I fixed the problem by putting up Clear Stream 4 antenna with a Winegard pre-amp. I get over 90% on all my locals.

Ok will have to try and take the new OTA off and see if it does it anymore.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)