Any plans to redo the GUI?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The guide works fine for me. It shows what is coming up, if its in HD and if I hit info it gives me more info than a E* guide does

what else do you want it to do? Read your mind?

Now you talking buddy! :D

its funny I actually prefer directv's guide to dish's. D* has movie artwork/covers, upcoming show times, actor info/, and HD logo's by most HD programming. I wish dish would learn from that and implement some of those features on the non 922 boxes.

No, I didn't. I mainly come here for HD Absolute info. That is why said IF you want. I'm not a moderator. What if it had a combo of the two guides?

Last edited:
I agree as a whole it offers much more information than E* and has a more intuitive recording system to boot. Everything is better, except I have not adjusted to the "reduced visibility."

I like to bring up the guide and then go from channel 2 all the way through channel XYZ and see exactly what is on and what is coming up over the next few hours. Being there is no way to reduce the font size to get more information on the screen, it a bit clunky as far as how I personally use the guide as I have to do a lot more button pushing to get the same results. Kind of like looking at the E* guide through a straw. It is a minor quibble...

Like I said in another post, I just use the online guide as it shows more channels at a time across more hours (actually the perfect GUI as far as I am concerned) and also gives me the advantage of choosing the DVR I want to use to record a given program, which is a plus.

Be thankful your not using the Cable co. set ups, thier guide still SCROLLS, you have NO control over it.

I don't know of any plans to redo the GUI. If you've got some free time on your hands you can go ahead and redo it yourself. Knock yourself out.

tvropro said:
Direct didn't. Funny how Charlie of Dish can't think for himself and do something original. He had to steal the number of the 4DTV's DSR-922 :eek:

LOL!

I don't know of any plans to redo the GUI. If you've got some free time on your hands you can go ahead and redo it yourself. Knock yourself out.
I can't for a couple reasons.
A) I'm not a graphic designer,
B) Due to cancer surgeries, it would be hard for me.

[Thread subject:]Any plans to redo the GUI?
Yes.

At one of their quarterly calls in 2010 DIRECTV included some information in one of their presentations reporting that they were going to introduce a new GUI across their line of receivers. I do not recall which call it was...

DIRECTV mentioned in the December 2010 Investor Day presentation that they will be introducing a "high definition user interface". Of course no timetable was given.

I probably interact with the guide and playlist the most and while they certainly are adequate, I would love to see some new options in the guide, such as ability for customers to choose among several guide styles. For example there are times I would like to see smaller fonts with more rows and more than an hour-and-a-half of listings on screen at a time. Hopefully an HD user interface would lend itself to more options for the customers to adapt the guide display based on the size of their screen... small fonts may work for me on a 60" tv, but may not work for someone on a 20" TV.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts