Any point in getting multi sports package?

Pilatvs

Original poster
Apr 14, 2004
Or is everything good blocked out. I live in Oregon and would like to see some non Mariners baseball. Giants, Red Sox, Cubs. Any of these games actually watchable?

The Multi-sports pack is good ffor the following sports
-college football (smaller schools)
-college b-ball (a lot that arent in the Full Court package)
-college hockey (nothing is blacked out)
-pro wrestling
-outdoor shows
-sometimes you can get an ending of a ballgame due to blackouts being lifted after 3 hours (game runs long...rain delay)

All pro sports outside your local area are blacked out.

You didn't say where you live in Orgeon, but with Dish, some ZIPs (ex. Eugene) can watch Mariners / A's / Giants baseball with only AT100. In Portland, you can only get the Mariners, even with Multi-Sport. Note that some areas *do* get an extra team or two with Multi-Sport (ex. in western Maryland, you get Orioles / Caps / Wizard with AT100, with Multi-Sport you also get Pirates / Pens).

Some Cubs games are on WGN; but if you want more Cubs games plus Red Sox, get MLB EI.

jrbdmb said:
Note that some areas *do* get an extra team or two with Multi-Sport (ex. in western Maryland, you get Orioles / Caps / Wizard with AT100, with Multi-Sport you also get Pirates / Pens).

And in some areas you get nothing!!! The Multi-Sport package is not available to all Dishnetwork subscribers. It is not available in the Pittsburgh, Pa. DMA. Trust me, I speak from experience.

Joe P.

Yeah that's what I thought. Thanks everyone for the info. I live in Portland and can only stand so much Mariners baseball, all though Rich Aurillia plays up here now, and he is a favorite. Is MLBEI worth the money? Sounds like a lot of games get blacked out with that too. Still if I can see half the Giants games it would be worth it.

MLB EI is great in Portland. The only games blacked out would be the Mariners. You'll see all Giants games from Fox Sports Bay Area and a few from the other Fox Sports Channels.

EI is not great in Vegas...Angels, Dodgers, Diamondbacks, Giants, A's and Padres are blacked out. If Dish paid the right price, those games would be available in Multi-Sports pack, but with the MS Pack we get the D-Backs and Angels, without it we just get the Angels. With D* and their sports pack, the only team I don't get is the Padres, who have a cable only deal.

Joe P said:
And in some areas you get nothing!!! The Multi-Sport package is not available to all Dishnetwork subscribers. It is not available in the Pittsburgh, Pa. DMA. Trust me, I speak from experience.

Joe P.
Never heard this one ... any idea why someone in Pittsburgh cannot order Multi-Sport???

Multi Sports Package

I like the multi-sports package for the "other" sports, smaller school college football, college baseball, college hockey, as well as the regional shows and coverage of my Mets and 49ers and different sports wrap up shows from around the country. It's interesting hearing all the different perspectives on the current sports issues. Definitely worth it if you are a complete sports junkie like myself, if not, probably not worth it.

I just got a dish with the multi-sport package hoping to be able to watch some
baseball games -- but every single game is BLOCKED OUT (I live 70 miles west of
PIttbsurgh). If this happens to every pro baseball game, will it also happen when
it's football season. Also will I not be able to get big college football??? then
is the dish of any value for sports? How can you find out if the EXTRA INNING
package will or will not block out games like the PHILLIES?

you summed up perfectly why the multi sport package is worth the money.
I have the multi sport package and love it. The regional sports reports are great, espically during NFL training camps. My primary Fox Sports Net is out of Chicago, almost every week, Big 12 football games are pre-empted in Central Iowa less than 20 miles from Iowa State, for Blackhawks hockey and Bulls Basketball, go figure. Also, where I live, in addition to Cubs & White Sox on FSN Chicago, on the multi sport, I can also get Cardnails & Twins baseball along with the Brewers on the Alternate Channels, most Wednesday nights, I can choose between 8-10 baseball games to watch, almost like having your own sports bar.

SAEMike said:
I like the multi-sports package for the "other" sports, smaller school college football, college baseball, college hockey, as well as the regional shows and coverage of my Mets and 49ers and different sports wrap up shows from around the country. It's interesting hearing all the different perspectives on the current sports issues. Definitely worth it if you are a complete sports junkie like myself, if not, probably not worth it.

Does anyone in the western NY area subscribe to the multi-sport package? If so do you get to view any additional sports teams that aren't blacked out?

When I had the multi-sport package the only things I were able to see were commercials back home in Dallas. I couldn't see a single pro game. I did get to see some of the high school football highlights but that was about it.

aqela said:
You made the same mistake I did. I bought Multi-sport to be able to watch pro soccer, and it too was blacked out. Multi-sport, imo, serves no purpose. Just buy a season package.

did buying the package (like extra innings) help --- or did some of the
games still get blocked out.

All pro sports (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, MLS) are blacked out except of your local regional net games.

You can watch all of the pro games by buying the sports subscription. (ie. Center Ice, Extra Innings, ect.)

Some of the college football & basketball games are blacked out.

These are avilable with the ESPN subscriptions (ESPN Game Plan & Full Court).

Where I love the Sports Pack is with college football games that they do show. I can watch different games from 10:00 am till 1:00 am.

There is also a variety of pre-game/post-game shows, college baseball, soccer and other minor sports games shown.

For me it is well worth the $$.

NBA and NHL *replays* are in the clear with Multi-Sport. For a Knicks or Bruins fan on the left coast, this can work out well. All MLB replays are blacked out, not sure about MLS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)