Any reason to sign a contract?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Reaper0Bot0

Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
Howdy folks. I plan to sign up for the $29.99/month DishHD standalone plan, and do the paperless billing/autopay for the $.01/year Cinemax. I will not want a DVR and only need one box. My parents have a referral, so I get a $50 credit (they tell me).

Is there any reason to sign a contract? I won't miss the programming credits, and I prefer the freedom of not signing an agreement. Will I have to pay for the equipment if I don't sign?

Either way, what fees will actually be on my bill?

i do believe that if you do not sign a contract you will have to buy your equipment. a 211 receiver will set you back about $250...

nothing will change, u just wont get the 3 months free or the 50 bucks back.. if ur just getting a 211 and the hd pack Dont sign a contract its not worth it... my buddy did it and still got the equipment for free.

nothing will change, u just wont get the 3 months free or the 50 bucks back.. if ur just getting a 211 and the hd pack Dont sign a contract its not worth it... my buddy did it and still got the equipment for free.

Actually, funny thing. I signed up for DishHD with a 612 and a 722. Installer came out, with contact, I read every word it said "This contract is OPTIONAL" right on it. I checked "I decline" and signed, and told him I was making a photo copy. I called dish 3 days later, and sure enough, I was in a 18 month contract. I explained this was wrong, and faxed them my copy of the contract, as well as calling the local install company about it. Later that day I got a call back from dish, no more contract... never had to pay for the equipment, still noticed I am getting 3 free months (first credit of 3 showed up on my bill still) and no other weird charges...

Moral of the story, copy EVERYTHING the installer shows you that he is going to take back with him.

Shawn

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)