Any recourse or am I out $400?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

snpyjc

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 15, 2006
Tamarac, FL
After a series of failing 622 receivers, getting new ones and returning them to Dish I finally have two good working receivers, but apparently Dish says they never received the last broken one that I sent back. I had to jump through hoops to get them to send me a return label as they never included one with the last replacement receiver that they shipped me, then there was confusion over the proper RA number to use as they issued me a couple of different ones. After using the label they sent with the RA number they told me to use they say they haven't gotten the receiver back and are going to charge my account $400 for an unreturned receiver. I do not have a tracking number as the label they sent was different from the regular UPS labels and did not have a tear off on the bottom with the number on it. In addition the store that I shipped it from has closed up shop and after three weeks of phone tag with their corporate office they say they have no info for me on the UPS tracking of my package. I was told by UPS that if Dish issued me a return label then they should have the tracking number associated with that return label, but Dish tells me they do not have such information. Can anyone think of anything I can do? While losing $400 is not going to force me to be homeless I do not want to lose that much money over something like this, I can find much better uses for the money. Please do not tell me how stupid I am for not writing down the tracking number, I know already, but I have never had a problem in the past returning equipent to them. Thanks for any suggestions.

Well, the email worked. I sent a detailed email of the situation and only a few hours later received a response back saying that they "found" my receiver and credited my account back the $400. It's nice to see that they do respond and fast and that they do have a decent level of customer service, if not through the regular customer service dept.

Well, the email worked. I sent a detailed email of the situation and only a few hours later received a response back saying that they "found" my receiver and credited my account back the $400. It's nice to see that they do respond and fast and that they do have a decent level of customer service, if not through the regular customer service dept.

Good to hear.

But when sending things back make sure you get a receipt from the shipper. The ones I sent back they used UPS. That way you can let the problem be between the shipper and DISH. And follow up on the shippers site to see if and when they show delivery. Apparently enough receivers are delivered to Dish that tend not to always record arrivals. Two days after one of mine showed out for delivery but no delivery receipt, I immediately followed up with both shipper and Dish, and they "found" and acknowledged receipt.

Gotta love how things are just magically "found" after emailing them. Its like we will provide CS but only after you rattle our chain. Gotta love it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts